Privacy and Data Security

I received a charge from an authorized vendor on my PayPal account.Fortunately for me the card on file at my PayPal account had expired so they didn't make payment and sent me an email.

I contacted the original vendor via email and logged into PayPal and deleted my expired credit card. I also sent an email to PayPal informing them to not pay the vendor. I received two emails from PayPal - one to say they deleted my credit card and one saying they don't respond to email. So, I logged into my account to let them know and guess what, they didn't delete my credit card.

So I deleted it again and closed my PayPal account. I got two emails - one that they deleted my credit card and one that they were sorry to see me go and that my account was closed. Three days later I get an email from PayPal stating that they once again tried to charge my credit card from the unauthorized same vendor? What?

I CLOSED my account. How could PayPal possibly try to charge something to my CLOSED account? Once again, I tried to email PayPal with a copy of their email, and once again no luck. I called them this time and after the automated answering hassle I talked to someone.

I gave them my old closed account information and they looked it up and said all we see is a closed account, I said Exactly! So why are you even trying to make a charge against my closed account. They said don't worry, it won't go through. If it won't go though, why did you even accept the charge?

Don't worry... This is why I closed my account with PayPal. They're too loose with my financial information.

A closed account should be closed, not sort-of, don't worry about it, it will be OK closed.Based on the email I received from PayPal I expect that they will once again try to charge my closed account in 5 more days.

Review about: Paypal Account.

Reason of review: Bad financial system.

Had an Experience with Paypal?

Comments