Your phone service is terrible. There is no way to access anyone or any correct information due to paypal's poor system.

I have phoned three numbers, can't reach anyone on three different days.

The automated responses are wholly inadequate and do NOT meet all the problems customers experience.

I use to have a paypal account and I can NOT access it, nor update it, nor open a new personal account.

The security codes are useless, none of them worked!!! I copy/pasted them immediately and pasted the codes into the required space and always got red response that it didn't work:

Why don't you check these. I copied them to prove to you what I am saying is accurate and true.

To reset your password, enter this verification code when prompted: 827035

To reset your password, enter this verification code when prompted: 376110

To reset your password, enter this verification code when prompted: 811462

To reset your password, enter this verification code when prompted: 905689

Further, Paypal requires a mobile number and does NOT accept a landline number nor allow one like myself to write: I do not have a mobile number.

Worse still, Paypal customer self-serve sign up and help is awful.

Messages to Paypal can ONLY done with a mobile phone. Hello???

The only reason I have wasted my life trying to update my former account is because I want to donate money to a worthy cause, a dear friend and must do it this way.

Otherwise, I would NEVER EVER BOTHER WITH PAYPALS unfriendly and lousy help.

Oh, yeah, your message requires the last four digits of my many years past former credit card.

I asked for agent.

I asked for new account help and when I tried to do it online I was halted by the failure of Paypals automated account which gave me many emails with codes but NONE of codes actually worked.

So, please tell me why I should even consider Paypal since you can not provide personal service when your automated service and your "so called" online help fails, and fails repeatedly.

I wouldn't bet on Paypal actually following through with good customer service.

FYI: My phone number is verified every time I have phoned. But never, ever no matter how long I wait on hold did an agent or customer service take my call.

User's recommendation: Do not join PayPal now. Before the service was terrific and not it is all automated and lousy!

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Paypal Pros: No more pros.

Paypal Cons: Way they treat customers during complaints.

Comments