Privacy and Data Security

I opened a paypal account on April 25 and on May 1st at 3:52pm I got an email saying that I had changed my address, my phone number, added a new bank account and new credit/debit card I called paypal immediately. I was with someone on the phone for over 40 minutes and I had to repeat many many times what accounts were mine and the right contact info.

He repeated all of it back to me and double checked that I had no purchases pending or withdrawals. He also send me a link to change my password while I was with him on the phone. I had transferred the day before all my money to MY OWN ACCOUNT and he said that was still pending and to be patient. Before we hang up he assured me that there were no charges and that he had erased all the accounts that were not mine.

4 hours later I get an email from paypal saying that they denied an unauthorized bank transfer of $350 to the bank account that was not mine "great right" but there was another transfer to a credit card (of course not mine) that was "proven by them" that it was legit.

On top of that once I logged on to my account I see that the paypal representative DID NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE INFORMATION, all of it was there, even the thiefs phone number was there instead of mine. I'm amazed at the negligence of paypal. It was easier for the thiefs to add all of their info and steal my money then paypal to erase the info and protect my money and on top of it they did not stop the payment and had the audacity to say that it was legit. No I'm waiting to talk to someone and have been on the phone for over an hour waiting to talk to someone.

Once I get my money out of there I'll close this account for ever. There are way better companies out there without the hassle and they are FREE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Account.

Reason of review: Security and response to it.

PayPal Cons: Incompetence.