Verified Reviewer

Hi,

I was the victim of a 'bait-and-switch' scam via a Facebook ad. I ordered a keyboard from a company calling itself 'BLOVED'.

Having expected a retro wireless keyboard, what I got was actually a piddling little thing worth about a fiver, and nothing like advertised.

I only found out on contacting them, that they were based in China, and they basically fobbed me off, albeit very politely.

I'd expected positive help from PayPal, but the case dragged on for nearly four months. Despite explaining that I am disabled, in an at-risk COVID group, in lockdown, and unable to get to a post office to return it.

They'll only refund, once they get proof of return post from the company in China!

They've clearly done this, so they can say they've done their best, and close the case. Leaving it my fault, because I'm not willing to risk my health to return a dodgy keyboard, to a company who have been proved to be totally untrustworthy.

I'm so angry but have learned a valuable lesson about so-called respected high-profile companies, who reassure us they'll help, but end-up siding with the fraudsters.

Christian B.

User's recommendation: Don't put your faith in PayPal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Claim.

Paypal Pros: Easy purchases, Only way to sync with ebay.

Paypal Cons: Lack of care, Encourages criminal activity by not having any governance.

Comments