Verified Reviewer

So I originally was planning on selling an IPhone I no longer needed on Facebook. A lady reached out to me about her interest in purchasing it from me (on Dec.

18, 2020). It is now Jan. 10, 2021. We decided to continue with the payment process through PayPal.

Little did I know what I was really getting myself into. I thought the lady just never sent the money, but she claimed it already came out of her account and on my end it was considered "pending". I received an e-mail from PayPal claiming I need to purchase a $100 E Bay gift card. I have no idea what the reason of this was, and I was obviously quite skeptical.

Therefore, I waited a few weeks thinking maybe I will receive my payment if I give it a few days to process. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. At this point I am running out of money considering I was expecting to get paid weeks before. I finally gave in and bought the gift card.

But then I was told I have to get a $50 gift card now. So I spent $150 on E Bay gift cards. For what? I have no idea.

This is BY FAR the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with in attempting to sell an item. I received a text from a random number, from someone who clearly either did not speak much English or simply had bad grammar. Either way, very unprofessional for such a huge business.

Then, I tried one more time to contact customer support to hopefully finally get my money, but the guy said he had other customers to help...again, very unprofessional. Not to mention, rude considering I have been trying to contact them to resolve my issue and just simply receive my money.

User's recommendation: Unless you wanna lose out on $150, find a different business to buy and sell stuff... its a scam.

Preferred solution: GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Paypal Cons: Bad policies, Customer service, Not receiving my payment, Losing money, Everything under the sun.

Comments