Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.1

Original review updated by user Apr 12, 2021

Last year, I had a purchase that I made with PayPal Credit that pulled funds from my PayPal balance. I contacted CS about it, and the CS guy tried to tell me that I must have somehow "chose" my balance rather than PayPal Credit.

A few months ago, it happened again, I was VERY CAREFUL to make SURE the payment source was set to "PayPal Credit," but it pulled from my balance, anyway. This time, the CS agent I got looked a little closer and saw that the Credit transaction had been attempted, but for some reason failed, so the system automatically switched to my PayPal balance. I told her I didn't want PayPal switching funding sources on me and she said she'd put a block on it.

A few weeks later, I got an overdraft notice on my checking account--THREE PayPal transactions had pulled from my checking account (because the PayPal balance had been drained). And in all cases, there was PLENTY of credit in my PayPal Credit line to cover the transactions!

I now have $30 in "overdraft protection" charges on my checking account, which are endangering my ability to pay my bills, because I now have to pay of my overdraft loan before I can start paying my bills--and whatever interest ends up with the loan!

Location: Shawano, Wisconsin