Bangkok, Krung Thep
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Feb 08, 2016

And again, same reply with another ludicrous reason "PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior."

I am the one reporting a phishing site, I am also the one punished for that.

Thank you, Paypal, for punishing the victim.

Update by user Feb 06, 2016

I keep asking them what exactly made them lock my account, but the answer is the same: "some account activity that violates the PayPal User Agreement".

I do believe that I'm receiving replies from an automated bot.

Update by user Feb 04, 2016

I've just sent Paypal a special letter from my bank, to certify my address, account number etc. In response, they accused me of fraud:

"PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and...

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation."

Mind that there are no disputes and I should - at least - be able to withdraw my funds.

Original review posted by user Jan 30, 2016

... and hold my funds for 180 days.

Related: No Resolution with PayPal

It may be related to the fact that I reported a Paypal phishing site (which I considered to be the right thing to do) to Paypal. Immediately after, Pp sent me a nice email on 29 Jan. letting me know that "We recently noticed a pattern of activity in your account that is maybe high risk." My account got limited and I was asked to re-upload my documents to prove my identity as well as answer a few questions about my received funds (all of them were 1-2$ so I assumed they are donations from the sites I manage, obtained through Paypal's donation buttons). I did everything they asked me to.

After this my account not only that it didn't get unlocked, but I also received an email telling me that "After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues." and that "Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days.".

I'm not even sure this is legal, not to mention moral. And yes, it doesn't make any sense. I was the one reporting the phishing site. I still think that the Paypal employers or Paypal bots (as I'm sure they use automated software to scan emails or other things) made an error and somehow considered me the bad guy. The problem is that I also think that my account got stuck in a loop and will never get unlocked or re-verified by a human operator because:

- I already got an email telling me that Pp will close my account, but...

- on the Resolution Page my account account appears as limited and the reason is "30 Jan, 2016: We need a bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew.", however...

- they do not ask me to do anything else, no other steps (uploads, questions etc), and...

- according to my account, I can deposit money - now this doesn't make sense and all the above points don't match.

One thing I know for sure is that I want my funds NOW, no matter if Paypal decides that they want my business or not. I'm not sure I want to be a Pp customer anymore as I remember doing this re-verification before. This time I uploaded the exact same docs they previously asked and I got my account closed. I don't understand why, I just assume it was a mistake and I'm complaining here because Paypal doesn't seem to care about my account anymore or answer my emails.

My merchant id number is SAECHWD4H7QC8

My Paypal ID is fdanielf25 (AT) hotmail.com (I assume is the email)

I only received money from small website donations (1-2-3$), selling of software plugins (on robotfx.ro) and publisher earnings from affiliate websites like Clicksor, Adf.ly.

I don't remember last time I payed something using Paypal as I usually just withdraw my funds every month.

Review about: Paypal Account.

I liked: Ease of use.

I didn't like: Paypal manipulation of my account, Deception, Extremely poor customer service.

2.0
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Paypal Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $117
Preferred solution Reinstate ma account so I can withdraw my funds.

Had an Experience with Paypal?

Comments

Natalie Washington

PayPal refuse to give me a stern answer on why they limited my account and have yet to release the funds to me. It is bad enough that I cannot accept payments from my customers, but keeping my money locked up is just absurd.

My business is at risk because of them, but they do not care. They just take your money and kick you to the curb like many other sellers I have talked to.

I had to also hire Auction Essistance to help me create a new account so I can start accepting payments again.

Pacoima, California, United States #1219382

PayPal closed my account months back and gave me no chance to appeal.I was scammed by a buyer out of $1000 for an item I accurately described and shipped with signature confirmation.

The evidence I provided was clearly not enough to win in my favor. Buyer got to keep the item and I was out of $1000 plus the shipping fees. Now my account is in the negative and got limited due to that thief of a buyer.

PayPal will not side with the seller at all.

Worst of all, they will limit your account because they think you are a fraudulent seller.

What a crock.I enlisted the help of Auction Essistance to help me get back on because the morons at PayPal wouldn't bother to assist me in getting my account reinstated.