Update added by user Feb 08, 2016
And again, same reply with another ludicrous reason "PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior."
I am the one reporting a phishing site, I am also the one punished for that.
Thank you, Paypal, for punishing the victim.
Update added by user Feb 06, 2016
I keep asking them what exactly made them lock my account, but the answer is the same: "some account activity that violates the PayPal User Agreement".
I do believe that I'm receiving replies from an automated bot.
Update added by user Feb 04, 2016
I've just sent Paypal a special letter from my bank, to certify my address, account number etc. In response, they accused me of fraud:
"PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and...
Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation."
Mind that there are no disputes and I should - at least - be able to withdraw my funds.
Original review posted by user Jan 30, 2016
... and hold my funds for 180 days.
It may be related to the fact that I reported a Paypal phishing site (which I considered to be the right thing to do) to Paypal. Immediately after, Pp sent me a nice email on 29 Jan. letting me know that "We recently noticed a pattern of activity in your account that is maybe high risk." My account got limited and I was asked to re-upload my documents to prove my identity as well as answer a few questions about my received funds (all of them were 1-2$ so I assumed they are donations from the sites I manage, obtained through Paypal's donation buttons). I did everything they asked me to.
After this my account not only that it didn't get unlocked, but I also received an email telling me that "After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues." and that "Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days.".
I'm not even sure this is legal, not to mention moral. And yes, it doesn't make any sense. I was the one reporting the phishing site. I still think that the Paypal employers or Paypal bots (as I'm sure they use automated software to scan emails or other things) made an error and somehow considered me the bad guy. The problem is that I also think that my account got stuck in a loop and will never get unlocked or re-verified by a human operator because:
- I already got an email telling me that Pp will close my account, but...
- on the Resolution Page my account account appears as limited and the reason is "30 Jan, 2016: We need a bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew.", however...
- they do not ask me to do anything else, no other steps (uploads, questions etc), and...
- according to my account, I can deposit money - now this doesn't make sense and all the above points don't match.
One thing I know for sure is that I want my funds NOW, no matter if Paypal decides that they want my business or not. I'm not sure I want to be a Pp customer anymore as I remember doing this re-verification before. This time I uploaded the exact same docs they previously asked and I got my account closed. I don't understand why, I just assume it was a mistake and I'm complaining here because Paypal doesn't seem to care about my account anymore or answer my emails.
My merchant id number is SAECHWD4H7QC8
My Paypal ID is fdanielf25 (AT) hotmail.com (I assume is the email)
I only received money from small website donations (1-2-3$), selling of software plugins (on robotfx.ro) and publisher earnings from affiliate websites like Clicksor, Adf.ly.
I don't remember last time I payed something using Paypal as I usually just withdraw my funds every month.
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Ease of use
What I disliked
- Paypal manipulation of my account
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Reinstate ma account so I can withdraw my funds.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Paypal Account
- Review category
- Financial Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hey it's me Liquid. I was given this in response to my "You are a pyramid" accusation. They claimed that "Why would Nationwide slap their name with World Financial Group..."
- "As Paypal user, I had paid using Paypal to pay internet purchases as Paypal advertises it as a safest way to pay and buy which is untrue. I had bought..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "i am now 2 days into my free trial which i signed for my gf, who didn't want it. i tried to cancel my free trial 2 minutes ago but..."
- "I booked a hotel with www.IHG.com and I had to cancel my booking. Before I did the cancellation, the policy stated that if the booking was canceled before 19 JULY,..."
- "Dayum, You fked up. Been in Business long? What would you have done if Hillary won? Big sign out front saying, If you voted Trump And try to eat here. we will spit..."