Verified Reviewer

I raised a dispute case with Paypal. I had purchased products from a Chinese seller.

When I received the products they were not as ordered or didn't fit and had contacted the seller about their return and refund service. Seller played dumb. Paypal communicated with seller giving them two weeks to respond and told me to wait for their decision. More messing about from seller then a message from Paypal asking for more detail about what was wrong with the seller's products and gave me three days to respond.

I messaged Paypal immediately providing full details and also used the drag and drop facility to attach a photograph. Two weeks later Paypal messaged me again saying they had declined my case on the grounds that I had not responded to the previous message and has refused to discuss it further saying that their "system" would not allow them to re-open my case. Have since googled Paypal and discovered Paypal purchased 70% interest in China's GoPay in 2019 and in 2020 went into partnership with China Union Pay Internal. So Paypal, with powerful ties in China's financial institutions, denies receiving my response to their request for more detail, and resolves my dispute in favor of a Chinese seller.

I'm more than pissed off. Tell me this isn't the load of *** I think it is!

User's recommendation: Avoid purchasing online from Chinese sellers and avoid using Paypal.

Paypal Pros: Accepted by many online sellers.

Paypal Cons: Communicating with paypal is hell, Dispute resolution service is rubbish.

Comments