PayPal Theft / Charge-back / Item Not Returned

Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because of no battery, I responded to the open case with tracking info for the battery, it arrived and was signed for. The open case then expired with no further contact from the buyer. I assumed everything was OK.

1 month later PayPal seized the $2195.00 and notified me of a charge back claim, but never provided any proof of such claim. I requested documentation of the claim, and PayPal informed me a subpoena was necessary in order to provide me any information.

PayPal also stated they were disputing the case for me and it could take up to 75 days for a decision. 65 days later I'm notified I lost the claim. PayPal made no effort to have the item returned. The buyer was awarded the money and did not have to return the item. {If I'm to believe PayPal didn't just steal my money) PayPal didn't provide any evidence or documentation to validate this claim.

I trusted PayPal to represent me and process my sales transactions on eBay. I thought they would have, in the very least, assured me that the item was returned to me before the money was released. I'm out the money and the item.

Also, I never had a problem with these FreeGo's they are extremely well built and trouble free. I feel the claim was filed only because of the battery arriving 1 week later, and the buyer never responded back to me with request to refund or repair, nothing! They bought the item and no other communication, they never replied to my emails, or requested a refund or replacement. Nothing!

PayPal approved and facilitated the theft!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Freego F 3
Review category
Financial Services
review #850186 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Paypal? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 11 #1225240 Sheffield, England

If the buyer has both the goods and the money, take him/her to court.
Advice for the future: when taking payment by Paypal (or indeed any similar service), don't despatch the goods until you have received the money from Paypal into your bank. You haven't, of course, given Paypal permisson to debit your bank acount, have you?

0 0 Reply

May 27 #1165469

This issue was not resolved! I don't know how that was changed. 5/27/2016

0 0 Reply

May 27 #1165446

Assuming your story comes off as advertised.
If the buyer got what they ordered but didn't pay for it, either swear out a complaint with the authorities where the buyer lives and get the criminal charges going or better yet sue them in your local small claims court.
They have a choice to show up where you'll prove your case or depending on how far away from you they are, they won't turn up giving you a default judgement.
Hopefully there isn't a like of people ahead of you. If not garnish their wages for your loss and court costs.

2 0 Reply

Jun 05 #1169134 Bronx, New York

I threatened buyers with BBB, Local Sheriff's Dept online file a complaint form, Claims in Court Action,, The buyer is supposed to return item via Fedex.
PayPay and eBay are another story. Trying to get commision paid to eBay and associated fees to PayPal is, so far, an impossibility. Complete run around! These 2 entities are greedy and self serving. Customer service is a nightmare of double talk and unable to connect the dots. Reported Paypal to BBB. SAGA CONTINUES

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.