Resolved
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Update by user Mar 20

I received a phone call from PayPal today to address the BBB complaint I filed, and my frustration with PayPal not protecting my interest against a Chinese scamming company. Not only did she agree that this was handled very poorly on their part, but refunded the money on my item from Modlily, she added an additional $56 for my troubles.

Original review posted by user Mar 04

I used paypal to purchase from a scam Chinese company and when I did not get the item on time I filed a dispute.They NEVER read what I had to say and kept sending me 'canned responses.' Once paypal got involved, the Chinese scammers, sent my item (which I had paid extra $ for expedited shipping) and a tracking #.

That was the day AFTER I wanted this item to arrive. It arrived 2 weeks later and PayPal AUTOMATICALLY closed the dispute, seeing that the product arrived. I tried on this garment, which would have fit a someone 6 sizes smaller than myself, and reopened the dispute. They contacted the scammers and offered me $15 of the $44 I spent to close the dispute.

I said "no." Now I can get my refund by sending this back to China, which would cost over $44, within 10 days. PayPal sides with the seller because that is how they make their money!

I have had an account with them for 20 years; I used them for an eBay business and have spent a large amount of money in fees as a seller.I am closing my account and reporting BOTH companies to BBB.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Dont care to help the buyer, Offered a convenience which was good for the time being.

I didn't like: Non user friendly website for quick disputes and claims, Side with sellers regardless of how outrageous the claim, Way they treat customers, Participate in scam atempts.

Had an Experience with Paypal?

Comments