1.6
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Paypal was contacted to set up a new account for me. It was a business account with its own business entity but the computerese confused me so I contacted PayPal to set it up for me.

The PayPal employee was very helpful. I didn't need all of the computerese options, so it was set up structured like a personal account that could receive payments for the business. The PayPal employee was informed of that and acted accordingly.

I then had a client deposit $100 into the new account. That was on May 10th, 2018. The few weeks later, PayPal said the account was restricted and I needed to wait 180 days to retrieve the $100, and they could subtract administrative fees from that.

It turns out that the employee must have linked an OLD PayPal email account (from a completely different tax ID entity) to the new business account. And that email issue happened YEARS AGO and was because a SENDER sent $5 of which PayPal deemed the SENDER (NOT THE RECEIVER) broke PayPal rules.

I was in email correspondence with PayPal, the latest time on May 31st., who refuses to budge, saying that this new account, with this completely new tax ID entity and new checking account was now permanently restricted FOR LIFE, that a PayPal employee set up for me. The employee had to have KNOWN, since he set up the account and even did the bank verification for me to be immediate, if the account was going to be restricted. So I have to assume that there is fraud involved, so that PayPal could keep the $100 for 180 days interest free, and then return it with a cut taken out of it.

Reason of review: PayPal's fraudulent activity and my no longer being able to trust them. Their lack of integrity.

I didn't like: Paypal treating me like they have, Dishonestly stealing my funds.

Comments