Verified Reviewer

2.5

A friend sent me money as a friend. Paypal charged a $90 fee.

I refunded the money to my friend and asked them to verify that it was sent as a friend. They did and sent it again as a friend. Again Paypal deducted a $90 fee. I refunded the money to my friend.

I have spoken with Paypal chat and phone calls and they claim that my friend sent the money as a business which she did not. Paypal refuses to refund the fee and says it is part of their profit and unfair if they refund my fee but not many others in the same situation. I have spoken with several low-level off-shore Paypal reps who are powerless to do anything. I have been on the phone for hours and waiting for chat responses.

I finally got some manager who claims to be in Florida named Brad who was terrible. He refused to give me the name of his supervisor or connect us and says that he doesnt work for anyone higher than him and he refused to refund the money or acknowledge that the Paypal system made could have made a mistake. No sympathy, no action. He says they have no arbitraton process, no Customer retention or support group that hears and handles issues like this.

He says it is run by a system and that he reports to a system and not to a person or group. I have been with Paypal for 21 years and they really blew it. I guess they are more interested in sending their rich founders on rocket trips.

The bottom line, I am out $181 because Paypal wants to make money any way they can regardless of user impact. Shame on them!!!

User's recommendation: Beware! Use other options that Paypal if you can. They misues their customers and dont care.

Location: Stoneham, Massachusetts