Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Nov 03, 2021

I had a woman who found me through my etsy store purchase a custom made dress from me and she paid with paypal. The dress was nearly $600.

When I provided her with her tracking information she immediately started talking about returning the item. I explained to her that custom made dresses were not refundable. She went ballistic and started attacking me, cussing me out and sending my novel length messages for days.

Despite all this I still continued to provide support. Her item was in transit and she apparently wanted it delivered before she went out of town.

She asked when she ordered it if the item could arrive within 2 weeks. I said, it would be a stretch but I think so...It was made and delivered within 11 days from the other side of the world. But one day past the estimated delivery date and thus, the woman was again going nuts about it. She had left 9/26 and the item arrived 9/27.

Despite her continued abuse I sat on hold with fedex two separate times to make sure the dress was held for her at a nearby location until she got home.

She did not need it for an event or anything. So there was no issues with it being one day later than the estimated delivery.

Well the woman claims that the dress was bigger than her measurements given. I said, the dressmakers do make allowances to make sure you can actually move and breathe in the dress. Not once did she ask for alterations to be made in fact she claimed her mother was a seamstress.

She also complained because the dress was supposed to come with a petticoat but I told her that the petticoat was a one size fits most and this woman was a 5XL (she did not tell me until after she order). I did not charge her for the extra fabric for the dress, but I told her the petticoats were not made by the dressmaker and we only had the one size so it likely would not fit. Had she asked I would have refunded her for the $10 petticoat. But she did not.

Instead as soon as she got it she opened a case with paypal for a refund.

I called paypal and spoke to a very nice woman who I read some of the messages this woman sent me before she even received the dress and she closed the case in my favor.

Now here is where I have the issue with paypal. A couple weeks go by and this psycho files a chargeback on her credit card. As the merchant you'd think I'd be able to contact the bank and explain to them about the abuse and lengths this woman was taking to avoid paying for this item. But no, Paypal said "our hands are tied." They did not provide me the bank details.

They were the payment processor, not the merchant so I should have every right to that information.

The chargeback was closed in favor of the psycho abusive buyer. Paypal withheld nearly $200 I had sitting in my account and claims I owed them another $400+. I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have always recommended them for small business owners but I am appalled at how this case was handled. It was clearly a scam and an abusive buyer yet I was not allowed to actually contact the buyer's financial institution as the actual merchant?

On top of that, I have received refunds that PayPal continues to hold because they said that I owe them money and getting emails that they will be sending my account to collections if I don't pay.

So just because that woman was willing to do whatever and threw a big fit she was allowed to steal a nearly $600 dress from me and all Paypal had to say was "our hands are tied." $600 may not be a lot for paypal but it is a lot of money for a small business owner trying to dig their way out of a pandemic.

I trusted paypal to protect my business. Anyone with half a brain could see this woman was a scam artist and abusive buyer.

User's recommendation: AVOID PAYPAL.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Account.

PayPal Cons: Fraud prevention and theft investigation, No help, Sketchy business practices, Unwilling to reopen dispute, Policies.

Comments