Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 22, 2021

A REPRESENTATIVE JUST GOT BACK TO ME, ONLY TO LIE AND SAY THE MONEY HAD BEEN REFUNDED TO A BANK ACCOUNT THAT THEY SAID THEY HAD ADMITTED TO PREVIOUSLY REMOVING FROM MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT, AND HAS NOT BEEN ADDED BACK SINCE. A BANK ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND CANNOT RECEIVED AND FUNDS, AND WAS CLOSED PRIOR TO THIS WHOLE DEBACLE.

THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS AND THIEVES. PAYPAL IS PAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES TO LIE TO THEIR CONSUMERS

Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2021

I AM BEYOND PISSED AND BEYOND SICK AND TIRED OF THE INCOMPETENCE THAT IS PAYPAL AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROCESS. SINCE JANUARY 28TH 2021 I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET REFUNDS FOR 3 SEPARATE TRANSACTIONS.

I HAVE CONTACTED PAYPAL THROUGH TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PAYPAL MESSAGING CENTER, PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE HOTLINE. I HAVE EXPLAINED THE ISSUE SO MANY TIMES THAT I AM CONVINCED THAT READING IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEES. I HAVE SENT SCREENSHOTS TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF WHAT I AM SAYING, AND TIME AFTER TIME, I AM EITHER GIVEN WEAK EXCUSES, WEAK SUGGESTIONS, OR REDIRECTED TO THE RESOLUTION CENTER, DESPITE ME EXPLAINING AND SHOWING EMPLOYEES THAT AND ERROR MESSAGE OCCURS SAYING I CANT FILE DISPUTE FOR THE TRANSACTIONS IN QUESTION. I JUST WANT MY MONEY ADDED BACK TO MY ACCOUNT, SO THAT I CAN REFUND IT BACK TO MY BANK, DELETE THIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND CONTINUE LIVING MY LIFE.

HERE IS MY MOST RECENT EXPLANATION OF WHAT MY ISSUE IS....

"How can I refund a payment without funds in my paypal account? I don't know if my explanations have not been clear enough or if it is a failure on paypal's part... but here goes. I Live and work overseas.

1) i have TWO paypal accounts. 1 account was created years ago in America with this email (OLAMIDEJIBOWU@***.COM). This account had my American bank card and bank account attached to it. This is also the paypal account we are currently corresponding on.

The second account was created in my new country of residence with this (OJIBOWU@***.EDU). This account has my foreign bank card attached to it 2) On January 28th 2021, I sent money from the (OJIBOWU@***.EDU) The FOREIGN Paypal account to the American (OLAMIDEJIBOWU@***.COM) paypal account. Three separate transactions, $314.00, $20.00 and $10.00. of the three amounts sent, I Attempted to transfer $318.00 to my American Bank account , CHASE BANK (which payapal chose to remove from my paypal account).

However, CHASE Bank had closed my accounts few days prior to me attempting to transfer the $318.70. Naturally, I contacted Chase to inquire about the whereabouts of my money, and it was explained that because the bank account was closed prior to my paypal transfer, no money was received and the system would bounce it back to paypal. on February 3rd 2021...Paypal sent an email to confirm the my bank transfer could not go through. Between January 28th and February 3rd 2021, i had spoken to several Paypal representatives VIA Twitter, Paypal messaging center, Paypal customer service line, who had ensured me that i would get my money back in FIVE BUSINESS DAYS.

so naturally, i request the original transactions be refunded from the American paypal account (OLAMIDEJIBOWU@***.COM) to be refunded back to the paypal account each amount was sent from (OJIBOWU@***.EDU). Imagine my surprise when i see all three refunds has been cancelled and that i still havent received a dime. SO STOP TELLING ME ITS A BANK ISSUE. PAYPAL IS HOLDING MY MONEY.

Also if the transferred failed, which it did, i have explained to you multiple times why it failed, what can re-adding the bank account do. THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED, AND WAS CLOSED PRIOR TO THE PAYPAL TRANSFER...THATS WHY THE TRANSFER FAILED!!!!!!!"

BELOW ARE ALL THE TRANSACTION ID'S RELATED TO THIS ISSUE:

8X590812D790****D

6XG725504****841S

58U861318E883282A

18K735672M501825L

User's recommendation: THIS PLATFORM IS A JOKE. THEY HAVE BEEN HOLDING TO MY MONEY FOR A MONTH AND REFUSE TO GIVE BACK TO ME, THEY MISDIRECT, MAKE EXCUSES AND GOD FORBID YOU ACTUALLY TRY AND TALK TO A REAL PERSON ON THE PHONE...IMPOSSIBLE. IVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS *** FOR A MONTH. HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY EVER AND THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. COMPLETELY USELESS. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND USE A DIFFERENT PLATFORM!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Money Transfer.

Paypal Pros: Zero pros.

Paypal Cons: Terrible customer service, Impossible to speak to a real agent over the phone, Constant redirection to a resolution center.

Comments