Verified Reviewer

I have written to Head Office in London, four times, after finding it hard getting through by phone. In the past, it was much easier to contact by 'live chat', but, because of the pandemic, staff resources were cut, resulting in a temporary limitation of this service.

Because of this, I took the decision to write to their headquarters in London. Unfortunately, there has been no response after four attempts! I feel very let down, because time has passed on, I have lost my dad and don't know where to find help to get items that were not received from eBay. I contacted them but was passed on to PayPal, as their timeline had passed, while I tried to get in contact with the seller, who still has my money and stopped replying.

This has been going on since December 2018!!! I missed delivery because my dad was ill, and I was looking after my mum. I had so many problems trying to pay US custom fees, with the help of Post Office telephony staff. One reason being that the seller wrote down the wrong tracking number!

I tried numerous times, to pay the fees on line. I didn't have problems with my other USA purchases, except for this seller. He was quite brusque in his remarks. Even when I told him my dad had passed away and I couldn't be at home to take delivery.

He had me in tears, on more than one occasion. Three Royal Mail staff had confirmed that both items had been returned to the United States. I contacted the seller, on numerous occasions because I really wanted the items. I even offered to pay postage again, but I kept getting told that he hadn't received them.

I

Then he stopped responding. I went onto PayPal and tried to file a request. The first one went through and then was automatically removed!!!

The second one wouldn't work because, previously, the seller had combined postage and refunded me £11.00, which made it look like I had received the full refund!!!

Now, ebay has changed its payment system and seems to be distancing itself from PayPal. I cannot lose this money.

I am being ignored by a massive company and have not been able to recover my funds, due to a system glitch.

How do I get PayPal to resolve my issues and hold the seller to account?

Yours hopefully

Catherine Thomas.

nrightfdad. then Covid happened

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Paypal Pros: Safe and quick payments.

Paypal Cons: Hard to reach an actual human customer care representative.

Comments