Verified Reviewer

I bought an item from China through Alibaba. I did NOT use PayPal to buy the item.

The item arrived but was the wrong model. China agreed to accept the problem and asked me to return item by Australia Post Express. They would refund me when the item arrived. It did arrive.

Have sent PayPal the Aus Post tracking number. The seller agreed and said they recommended my refund via PayPal. As I had no account with PayPal I created one. The money US$199 was sent and arrived at PayPal.

The idiots at PayPal sent it back to China after a few weeks because I was not a registered SELLER with a satisfactory selling track record! O Please I am not a seller of anything. I am a pensioner trying hard not to abuse the idiots at PayPal. Folks this is true!

So back to the China seller. They have graciously sent the same amount again to my PayPal account. I just read an email that my funds are held up, because?: You guessed it I am not yet a seller with a trading history. So my funds will be "on hold".

Still waiting on PayPal fixing their stuff up. To add insult to injury PayPal have debited my account every time this transaction occurred.

If they had any sense of decency they would refund me their fees for being so bad at listening to my story. Any more of their shenanigans and I will lodge formal complaints with the regulator for financial services.

User's recommendation: Watch out if you are buyer returning goods.

PayPal Pros: Security.