July 16, 2018

Absolutely the laziest and worst customer service Ive ever experienced in my life! I opened an old account and needed to do a name change so I submitted all the documents and they changed it to the wrong name.

I emailed them in frustration and told them to read the rest of my drivers license so they could actually change it to my correct name. I then got an email saying I would need to call them and make the change. So, I called them to make the change and they told me they couldnt do it unless I submitted another request for a name change. I said, you want me to submit all of the same documents that you are looking at right now so that you can change my name to the correct name?

He said yes and apologized for the inconvenience. I said no, you have all of the documents in front of you and its insanity for me to send it all over again and hope for something different. You have everything you need, you have all of my documents, just change it to the correct name. Its right there on my drivers license that you have on file!

He wouldnt budge and I said that I wanted to speak with a manager. He put me on hold for an extended amount of time and then came back and hung up on me. I then called back. When you call PayPal, the automated service asks if the number you are calling from can be used to look up your account.

I said OK. It then told me that I would have a two-hour wait but said I could be on a callback list if that would be better. I obviously wasnt going to be on a callback-list nor wait two hours on hold when I had just gotten off the phone with their representative. I knew they were there.

So, I called back again and said "no" when the automated answering service asked to verify my account with my phone number. At that point I was on hold for about two minutes before a representative got on the phone. Ironic that when they didnt know it was me they were happy to answer the phone. It was the same guy.

So, to sum it up, they got mad at me because I was frustrated at THEIR mistake and wanted a manager to correct it. Then they flagged my account and wouldn't take my call. They lied. They said it was a two hour wait when it clearly wasn't.

When I told him I wanted to cancel he was happy to handle it. He couldn't change my name with my drivers license in front of him nor put me in touch with a manager, but he was happy to close the account. He didn't even ask why I was canceling so I let him know I'd be contacting the BBB, Google reviews, and social media to report my experience and he happily said "ok". He didn't care, nobody there cared.

I'm just one person.

But I'm now one less customer and if they continue with service like that I won't be the last to walk away. It was by far the laziest and most unprofessional customer service I've ever encountered, and I'm in the customer service industry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Customer Care.

Comments

"I said no" Well there you are.... You were asked to send the back up again and didn't want to.

That's on you. Did this person tell you they had your @#$# in front of them or did you assume this was the 80's small office with someone standing over a fax machine. Who knows where that office that you sent it to is. "cancel he was happy to handle it" Well of course they were...

You won't do what he needs done to help you.

No one is going to churn with you. It's easier to cancel you penny ante nothing account and move on to help others who are on hold because of obtuse people like you.