120 views

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau of the US Government, created by the Dodd-Frank act. i am a fan and cheerleader of this government agency. I've filed complaints with them twice- once against a mortgage company with predatory online payment practices (website never worked; had to make payment by phone; then had to fight to get the $20 phone payment fee waived) and against PayPal (again, website did not work and would not let me remove credit cards from my account which were no longer active, in an obvious attempt to generate late fees at my expense, and of course they never responded to my emails).

This government agency is THE REAL DEAL. I received responses from upper management of both companies via US Mail in short order- and the problems were fixed. It's my understanding the new Congress wants to repeal or weaken parts of Dodd-Frank. I'd imagine that includes gutting the CFPB, but don't know for sure. If that happens, it will be he equivalent of treason against US consumers by Congress.

MAKE USE OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS- FILE A COMPLAINT WITH CFPB WHEN A SLEAZY COMPANY TRIES TO RIP YOU OFF!

(Can you tell I'm a fan?)

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Account.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: Inman, South Carolina

Comments

This agency is a joke.They have allowed PayPal, GE Capital Sychroney Bank to put your account overdue & charge you late fees as early as three days. There are documents on this site that shows they can make you pay more then you owe & the extra money you paid just disappears.

They take your monthly payment & can call it "Late Fee Refund" they can take "Debt Cancelation Fees" & add them to your card security fees etc.,etc.

& continue to defraud the consumers. FTC & DFI along with the OCC forward complaints to this agency CFPB who does NOTHING in fact they send complaints to companies that are not even mentioned in the complaint.

PayPal Reviews