I am an American living in Brasil. Im opening an online store which will source products from an California based supplier which only serves the USA.

I will be selling in dollars and paying in dollars to the California supplier. I opened a Paypal account here in Brasil which is linked to my local bank ( Bradesco) I simply want to pay the supplier ( in dollars) and recieve payment for the products shipped in dollars. My net profit after paying all the middlemen will be then converted into R$ and sent to my personal account in Brasil. I do not have a corporation but have registered with PayPal using my tax id number ( CPF) I desperately need the API information from my website developers so they can install my payment gateway.

I am eager to work with PayPal and am confident we can get past all the obstacles. It has taken the entire day and I still do not have the API information I fear that the account I opened won't work for a dropshipping business.

I last spoke to a tech rep at Pay Pal in Brasil about 10 minutes ago and he sent me some links to get the API keys I need for the payment gateway. Im keeping fingers crossed that it will work.

User's recommendation: take a stiff drink before trying to register a business account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

PayPal Pros: Widely used.

PayPal Cons: Customer service.

Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo