I ordered thinking I had PayPals Purchase Protection behind me if anything went wrong. Instead I fell into a vortex of useless Message Centers and an impossible to navigate Resolution Center.

I filed the following complaint on PayPals Resolution Center on June 22, 2020:

I ordered a Nintendo Switch game system on June 9, 2020.

I had not received any other communication and doubted that I would receive the item. On July 9, 2020, I finally received a useless toy from the seller. It was quite obviously not the item advertised, rather a useless phone handle that sells for less than $5.00.

This original dispute was denied because I received an Item from the seller. On August 19, I called PayPals customer service number because there was no way to enter any additional information into the resolution center page.

My case was reopened, however because it was the same case number, I could not enter any more information. Once a user navigates away from a page in the resolution center, there is no way to return. I had a lot of pictures and receipts that would support my case, but it was impossible to give that information on the Resolution Center.

I reopened the case because the item received was a useless handle for my phone, hardly worth $249.99. PayPal told me that in order to get my money refunded I had to return the toy that is worth less than $5.00.

I was given an address, but it is not the same as the address on the original package that contained the toy and the address is not formatted so that I could use it accurately. I am certain that the sender will claim that they never received the item. It cost $35.35 to return the toy that is worth only $5.00 if that, since I had to have tracking numbers. Finally, my case was denied because I did not enter the tracking number although I sent the information to several people via email.

Now I am being told that because the sender did not receive the package I still owe the money.

The post office attempted to deliver the package on September 11 and on September 12, 2020, however the addressee was not available to receive the package. It is being held at the delivery office as of September 14, 2020. It is up to the recipient to go and claim their package, as I have returned it to them in good faith.

They claim they did not receive the package, but there is no indication that they have tried to retrieve it from the delivery office.

I received a letter denying my dispute, dated 10/30/2020. I immediately wrote a letter detailing the purchase, receiving an item that was not as advertised, and attempting to return the item.

I received acknowledgement that my attempt to reopen the case was received, I was told that I would hear from PayPal within 60 days, but I have heard nothing further.

User's recommendation: Don't believe the "Purchase Protection" - the resolution center is a joke.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Customer Care.

Comments