Verified Reviewer

Used PayPal to pay for a Pack N Play playpen that was advertised through facebook. After making the purchase, realized that the customer service email for the company went to a personal email address for an individual.

Didn't seem right, so emailed the customer service email to cancel our order, texted at the number provided, and filed to cancel the order through the seller's website. Also filed a dispute with PayPal. Did all of this within an hour of ordering the product.

Heard nothing from the seller. Six days later, PayPal denied our payment dispute and submitted us a USPS Tracking Number showing the product was delivered.

We did not receive any product. Tracking number states it was delivered "in or at the mailbox at 3:15pm." Our mailbox is part of a community mailbox, and the slot for delivering mail is about 3" x 8", making it impossible for a baby play pen to be delivered at the mailbox. When orders are delivered to the door, USPS notes as such. No order was delivered to my door, and I work from home with my office window facing my front door.

I received nothing. Not to mention, I'd canceled the order anyway.

Went to call PayPal at their customer service number (1.888. 221.1161), and the prompts lead to the automated service asking you to say or type in the last four # of your SSN.

Used two different phones to both say and type in last 3 SSN numbers, and the prompt repeatedly asked us to enter in the last 4 numbers, feigning that it couldn't hear us. This makes it impossible to speak to a customer service representative with PayPal.

It is much, much easier for PayPal to collude with illegitimate business and steal the broker fee from you than it is for them to go through the trouble of speaking to you and having to give you your money back.

User's recommendation: Use alternate method of payment.

Comments