I am an on-line trainer living in Malaysia, but training adult students in North America.I used Paypal to accept USD payment for several of my courses amounting to well over $6,000 per month.

Fee's to receive "international" payments (meaning payment outside of Malaysia) are 4.4%. Withdrawing money to my USD account is not possible. PayPal forces me to withdraw money to my MYR account at their exchange rate, which is a full 4% below the rate my bank charges to exchange USD wire transfers into MYR. PayPal's customer service reps are a bunch of poorly educated box checkers in their responses and were to come up with any solutions other than to tell me that I could withdraw USD into a to a US bank account but not into a USD bank account in Malaysia.

They also stated that they use competitive exchange rate.

A total of 8.4% is too high of a price to pay.I have found alternative payment methods and no longer use PayPal.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Accept deposit of USD into USD account in Malaysia..

Had an Experience with Paypal?

Comments

World Financial Group - Hampton Bay Anon. You confirm how AWFUL the FFIUL is. World Financial Group "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..." Read more Millionaire Mentor Group - My Millionaire Mentor  ***TOTAL SCAM*** Millionaire Mentor Group "My Millionaire Mentor Ryan Mathews IS a SCAM!!! He 1st PROMISES you are guaranteed $500.00 if you watch a video... THEN comes the page to pay $49.00 for a space..." Read more Nik Lzanas with ARCLIF Group among others Arclif Group "Nik Lazanas on the picture the second from left ist involved in many criminal companies and taking money from investors, making promises and just spending the money himself on fun,..." Read more Paypal wants to close my account with no reason Paypal "... and hold my funds for 180 days. It may be related to the fact that I reported a Paypal phishing site (which I considered to be the right thing to..." Read more Ryan Homes - Residential Street Blockage Ryan Homes "Dan Ryan Builders are absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! So far this week his construction people have blocked our street on Sutherland Drive in Franklinton NC (Olde Liberty SubDivision). Yesterday as I was..." Read more Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Paid for a full dinner, didn't know I had to cook it myself Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen "Last night I drove to Popeyes to buy my family of four dinner. I paid $27 for a 10-piece chicken dinner with a large coleslaw and a large beans and..." Read more Miele - Product and service first class Miele "Have had two houses in the past twenty two years. First house dishwasher cook top and double oven. No issues. House from 12 years with counter top dishwasher and convection..." Read more COMCAST BILLING SCAMS/WORDPLAY/MINDF**K Comcast "I am disputing Comcast now. I transferred service and only owed $67. However, they have me owing $158 from old residence and have given me numerous lies to explain the..." Read more