Verified Reviewer

I am having my apartment painted and the contractor requested payment through Paypal. I have only used Paypal once in my life which was about 6 years ago.

Tried to log into my 6 year old account but forgot the password. Paypal website advised they would send a code to either the phone # or e-mail address I used when account was set up in order to reset password. I chose e-mail, was sent a code, inserted the code where requested and sent back to Paypal. PayPal's reply was that they had to send a text request to my phone in addition to the e-mail code.

The only problem with that was I opened the Paypal account with my home land line. I called PayPal from my home phone (which they had on record) to straighten this out. I explained the situation to PayPal. They asked me to verify my address.

When I did they said the address I provided was NOT the address listed in my PayPal account. I said that is impossible as I have been living at the same address for 25 years and have NEVER in 25 years used a different address. I said either my account was hacked or someone in their company changed my address. I asked them to ask me the security questions answered when the account was opened and they refused to do this (this was very strange).

I told them we were talking from the phone # on my Paypal account and they said that didn't matter. Since they could not send me a text message they could not help me use this account. I asked to speak to a manager and had to go through this whole story again just to receive the same lame response with no desire to help. I finally hung up with no resolution.

I personally couldn't care less about PayPal and will never attempt to use them again. They are inferior to all other fund transfer companies.

I suggest you try SQUARE, APPLEPAY, STRIPE or Venmo & Zelle. PayPal is nothing but an inferior "has been" company with so many competitors now that they are completely irrelevant in 2020.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Account.

Preferred solution: have no desire to deal with this inferior company ever again.

PayPal Cons: How the resolved my case.

Comments