State: District Of Columbia City: Washington Clear all filters (9 of 679 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Paypal encourages buyer fraud

PAYPAL CONSUMERS UNITE BY FILING COMPLAINT AGAINST PAYPAL WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU http://www.bbb.org/ When we get a lot of complaints on file, they could not do ecommerce. The current Paypal policy and resolution process encourages buyer fraud. Buyers can make all kinds of false claims and Paypal will either hold or refund the buyer without your authorization. Their resolution process tricks you to vague agreement where when you contact the customer service they either won't address your identified issue or make false claims about your agreement. My latest transaction was that I have emailed back and forth with buyer about shipping items back with partial refund since the shipping cost cannot be refunded. Buyer submitted Paypal complaint. I responded with what I had proposed via email and indicated the refund $. Paypal went ahead and refunded the buyer. When I complained since buyer did not return item, Paypal claimed I agreed to buyer keep the item and agreed to partial refund. This is false claim and unethical practice from PAYPAL. I urge you to file a complaint against Paypal with bbb.org. Enough of complaints on file with bbb will bar them from ecommerce which will make them address buyer fraud.

I was hit with a $500 charge back on a car car that was sold 6 months previously on the 27th of December..Paypal told me the dispute was closed in November by email that they now deny ever sending.They say they can do nothing that the buyers credit card company made the decision but why tell me the case was closed in November.They dont care about small businesses and there attitude is that its to bad.Dont take deposits on paypal.You never know when the money is going to be sucked out of your account.THere has to be a beter way.keithd13.

Celita

I have done that and I'm on to the attorney states general next!!

PayPal review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Purchase never received

I purchased 3 wine stoppers from Merchant Chunyan *** Paying with Paypal for a total of 17.50 I never received the items and the merchant is ignoring my emails. Paypal doesn't offer any assistance. Paypal says they cant do anything. My suggestion to you all is do not use Paypal to buy anything. Use a credit card. They will reimburse you when you have a dispute. I really don't know what to do. I can't figure out where I purchase the item from but I think it was Woot I wish I knew where else to post this. Any suggestions? Please share so it gets around

If you wait till after 45 days of the purchase to bring the issue to paypal then of course they can't help they have buyer protection UP UNTIL 45 days from the date of the transaction !personally nothing should take that long to get to me. When you purchase items you need to be aware of your protections!

Paypal Illegally Held My Funds

We are Power Sellers on Ebay and have been for 10 years. Our feedback rating is 100% showing that we give good customer service, are ethical in dealing with customers and play by the rules. In March, 2012, we sold a gold coin to a buyer in Maryland. We received an email from the buyer acknowledging the sale, referencing what he agreed to pay and asking us to ship it to another address. He was in Maryland and the person for whom he bought it was in Japan. To save handling time, he asked us to ship direct. He also asked us to ship it in a common business envelope so as to circumvent customs. We said no, that he would have to go through customs and pay insurance on the full amount of $1,800. He paid the postage and we shipped. We shipped it signature required and it was signed for in Japan when it was delivered to the address he provided. Two months later we heard from Paypal that he was claiming that he did not authorize the charge and that the charge was for a service. Paypal allowed him to charge back the $1,800. At this point we had a negative $1,800 charge on our account and no longer had the coin. That put us $3,600 in the red. We sent Paypal the information we had that showed the sale on Ebay, the customer's emails about winning the bid and asking us to ship it for him. Paypal said they would share the info with his credit card company and they had 30 days to respond. According to paypal, they decided to side with their customer and support the chargeback. Paypal would not resubmit the claim when we found out that this exact buyer had scammed several other sellers in the exact same way. They did not help us, would not provide information so we could contact the bank on our own and basically just dumped us with a negative $1,800 in our Paypal account. Then they went to my personal account and froze my funds there. And then reported me to the credit reporting companies and dropped my credit score 200 points! There must be some way to get them to return my funds.

I cannot believe they would do this. I'm so glad I read this and a few others before I signed up for the bill me later option.

Loss

Paypal refuses to pay for an order I've placed internationally

To begin with, I have to say that our situation is probably more complicated then most, as spread over 1 year, we more or less live in 3 countries. Originally the paypal account was opened in France to purchase an item for a friend, we spend some time in the U.S, and winters are spent in the Caribbean. We tried to purchase a couple of items from a company in the United States, the value about $700. As many U.S. companies will not accept credit cards issued in Europe, we remembered our old paypal account, and charged the items to it. An initial confirmation of the order was e-mailed to us, as well as the debit note from paypal. The amount was immediately charged to our credit card! The very next day, the order was cancelled. A phone call to the supplier (very Helpful) revealed that the order had been cancelled by paypal. After an endless search, we finally found paypal's phone number on their website, not the easiest thing to do. The phone service was located in Ireland, but the account having been opened in France, the only available language was French! Not a major problem, as my French is quite fluent, still a choice wouldn't do any harm! As we tried to confirm that it was indeed us that had placed the order, they put more and more obstacles in our way. First there was a supposedly " code" charge 0f $3 on our credit card, with that we would "identify" ourselves. several days later, code submitted, our paypal account was still frozen. Another call to Ireland revealed, they now requested the upload of a photo I.D.! Begrudgingly we did that as well, only it never changed a thin, although we had 2 e-mails from paypal, confirming full access to the account had been restored. Next phone call told us a paypal account could not be used internationally!!! and would therefore stay frozen. Furthermore the $3 "code charge" could not be refunded unless we supplied them with our personal bank account number (not very likely). next we cancelled the order with the supplier, and were informed that they would like to refund the money, but were unable due to our blocked paypal account. We are still waiting for our refund, and probably will have to dispute the issue on the credit card end, since there is no way we will phone paypal again!!! In the future if the only payment method is paypal, we will find another supplier.
Product
Paypal Account

Paypal is directing my payments to BillMeLater without my authorization.

I recently made a purchase using Paypal (not thru ebay). When I got to the payment window, there was a pre-checked box that said "pay using BillMeLater". I did not want to use the service so I unchecked the box. When I clicked to make the payment, a confirmation window popped up that read, "your payment has been processed using BillMeLater". I was so pissed off I immediately called BillMeLater to cancel my account. I know what their game is; they are hoping I won't make my payment in time so they can charge me 20% interest on my purchase. The fact that they ignored the unchecked box and routed the purchase thru BillMeLater really infuriated me. The rep I spoke with kept trying to prevent me from canceling the account and I had to ask him three times before finally, with anger in my voice, I said "Look, I asked you to close the account, I don't want this service anymore. Thank you". Just a little aside here: Paypal is owned by ebay. Every time you make a purchase on ebay, they make a commission on the sale. By owning Paypal, they also make money by charging the seller to receive their payment (that's two revenue streams from a single sale now). By setting up this BillMeLater scam, ebay/Paypal has now figured out how to get money from both seller and buyer"”pretty slick, eh? This folks, is precisely the kind of greed that the OWS people are screaming about. If it's all on the up and up that's one thing but these weasels are trying to get you to use their "service" whether you want to or not. Corporate slime.

I have been using BillMeLater to pick up a few things my family needs now but I don't have all the money to pay for now. I'm making $50 to $100 a month payments depending on how much I have spent and am planning on having everything paid off completely within 90 days so I don't get charged interest.

I have a $600 USD credit line and I only have $190 USD balance.

I tried earlier to make a purchase on Wal-Mart.com and not only was I declined from BillMeLater but on the second attempt I was locked out of my account and told to contact customer service at a 888 number. As of right now I'm not too happy about this.

@Urmom "It might be two revenue streams, but they are providing 2 unique services that are useful to millions of people. While you only complain."

Yeah, it's two unique services, but it's called a monopoly when one service forces you to use the other. Microsoft when through that and LOST when it forced you to use Internet Explorer. Now at least, you can uninstall it.

Ebay won't let you accept check, cash, or other payment options. You MUST use PayPal.

Yes BillMeLater is owned by ebay, same as Paypal is. That alone should alert you to the fact that it's a shady outfit. One which should be avoided.

You can file complaints to the FTC complaint assist dot gov website. Just search that term. You can also file complaints to your state's consumer protection bureau.

BTW just ignore the naysayers. Ebay and paypal have paid people to run around the internet and insult unhappy clients who chose to voice their complaints. Everyone knows that too.

View more comments (4)

PAYPAL CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Attorney Rusty Webb in Charleston, WV has started a class action law suit against PayPal for the misuse of consumer's checking accounts. For example, double dipping and holding money. If anyone in the United States has also had this problem, please visit his website at www.rustywebb.com. All contact information for Attorney Rusty Webb is located on his website as well as a PayPal Class Action Law Suit link to fill out your information and Mr. Webb will contact you himself. This has become a problem and he hopes to put a stop to the misuse of one's funds.

My girlfriend has been a seller on e-bay for 2 years, she has never had a problem with them or pay pal until recently. They began holding her funds to the point where she cannot even afford to pay shipping or her ebay account due to the fact they are holding her funds, even with a 100% rating and tons of positive feedback.

What legal recourse does she have? She has been denied access to her account, and been given a run around when attempting to contact them via telephone. Can she file and win in small claims court? Can she join the class action suit against pay pal?

Would a complaint with the U.S. Attorney Generals office help these victims of corporate greed!

Pay Pal wont give me my money!!! I need this money to live, and pay my bills. I am injured, and, this is how i make my extra money to pay my bills.

Review

PayPal review in Washington, District Of Columbia: PAY PAL GAVE MY HUSBAND WATCH AWAY

i recently sold my husbands watch om ebay pay pal gave it away. i sold it to a gentalmen in the uk mistake 31/2 weeks after shipping it he contacts me and demands $230.00 for a scatch he said was from shipping i contacted ebay who told me that they felt it was a case of buyers remores not to worry 3 weeks later he opens a case with pay pal now he said it was fake let me point out i had this watch authenticated by 3 jewelry stores 1 for my insurance the others to sell to however they offered me in store credit not interested so he had it checked supposedly for the scatch by his jewerly store so thats 4 now with in 3 days they found in his favor but when i called to find out when he would return the watch theye said he didnt have to now ther telling me the watch has been destroyed he is a *** with my husbands watch he got it for free WHAT be careful with pay pal you to could get taken big $936.00 worth
random g

I'm not totally sure what paypal had to do with this. It sounds like the guy was a *** man who set you up and you couldn't prove it.

how can you be angry with a company that makes money off of money that is still yours? banks have been doing this since the beginning of time. Please think about what you post before putting a bad taste in other peoples mouths about somthing that you obviously are ill informed of.

Mike

I'd tell paypal to ki$$ my ar$$, close my account, & forget about them. One thing everyone should remember but doesn't...

Paypal isn't a bank, & they aren't regulated as a bank.. Bottom line.. They steal money from customers, they make interest on customer money... & get away with it because..

they can. When I've used paypal as a payment source for my customers when i sell on ebay, I don't leave the funds in my paypal account. I setup a savings account, give paypal access to it..

Link the savings account to a checking account... thus quickly transferring money as soon as it hits my savings (It goes to checking, & paypal can't get it there.).> You've got to stay two steps ahead of thieves, & paypal is for sure a thief.

jb

What's a scatch?

View more comments (3)
Review

Paypal customer service and login nightmare

Sarah - PayPal : Hi. I'm Sarah, PayPal's automated customer support assistant. How can I help you today? You : don't know full bank account information - why the heck do you ask such *** questions for verification of security??? Sarah - PayPal : PayPal asks you to confirm your bank account or apply for a PayPal card to give your PayPal account a Verified status. This increases security within the PayPal community and limits the risk from fake identities. Completing the verification process gives you the following benefits: - More spending power: we remove your sending limit. - Greater confidence: buyers and sellers trust the verified status. - Added flexibility: you get more ways to pay. Would you like to become PayPal verified? -Yes -No You : I'm already verified. I am just trying to log in. Why do I have to re-verify just to log in??? Sarah - PayPal : PayPal members are asked to complete different verification processes to increase the security of their PayPal account. Would you like more information on why you should confirm your: -PayPal account -Bank -Credit card or debit card You : *** no. I just want to use my account. But I don't think I should have to carry my bank info everywhere I go or memorize my full account number to use your site. Why are you torturing your customers??? Sarah - PayPal : I'm afraid I didn't understand your question. Can you ask it more simply? You : Log me into my account! Is that simple enough? Sarah - PayPal : I'm about to repeat the same information. You can either see that information again or ask me a new question. You : Log me in. Log me in. Sarah - PayPal : I found the following information, which could be helpful. I can't log in to my account. My PayPal account is limited or restricted. You : I can't log in to my account. Sarah - PayPal : Would you like to: -Recover your login email -Recover your password -Access a restricted account You : human human human please Sarah - PayPal : I don't know exactly what you mean. Can you be a little more specific about the issue? You : get that *** look off your face, computer. I see what you are doing. You are going to test my patience until I break something in my home. I won't let you. Sarah - PayPal : I'm afraid I didn't understand your question. Can you ask it more simply? You : You are wasting my time, Paypal wench. Now get my account info Sarah - PayPal : I'm sorry I haven't been able to assist you. I'm a virtual agent, so I can't answer everything. If you'd like to try rephrasing your question, I'll do my best to try to answer. You : Do it! Do it now! Sarah - PayPal : You can update your account information on your Profile page. Here's how: 1. Log in to your PayPal account, using this link. 2. Click the appropriate link to adjust your account information. Before we continue, was the information I gave you helpful? -Yes, this was helpful -No, this was not helpful Sarah - PayPal : The page is opening in another window. You may need to log in to see it. I'm right here if you have any other questions. You : No, this was not helpful Sarah - PayPal : Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Sarah - PayPal : The page is opening in another window. You may need to log in to see it. I'm right here if you have any other questions.
connie

i'm having the same problem

If you will verify your bank account when you are home, this whole thing is moot.

They do not require that information *to log in* - that process requires only username and password.

Product
Paypal Account

Paypal shipped to old address

Paypal shipped to an address I haven't had for five years. They had my correct address and they damned sure knew which credit card to charge. When you try to contact them, they put you through hoops that are impossible to accomplish. They wanted transaction numbers that the computer rejects when you try to enter them. The service person that I finally got to talk to was sarcastic and treated me like I was 12 and not capable of understanding what she meant. This used to be a good company - maybe they got too big but I will never deal with them again.

Contact PayPal Customer Service