Verified Reviewer

I need to speak to a manager about this case. I called two times.

First time, the rep took the information down wrong. Second rep said the case type would be changed. Now today I see case is closed and charge was reversed from my account.

Quick summary of why I opened the case.

I went to a gas station prior to putting through this claim. I pumped gas and accidentally drove away with the gas nozzle still in my car.

The gas station clerk ran out and asked me to step inside. I was told I would have to pay $30 for the repair. They took my Paypal debit card, swiped it and gave it back to me. I never got a receipt, never signed anything, never entered a pin.

A day or so later I see I was charged for $300 instead of the $30 they told me they were charging me. I called Paypal to open the dispute to get this resolved and no luck.

These Paypal disputes have lots of room for improvement.

Nearly every case gets thrown out because it is filed incorrectly. This needs to be fixed.

Please advise.

User's recommendation: Shady Company that has an excuse for everything.

Paypal Pros: Easy to use.

Paypal Cons: No communication.

Comments

#2018277

Just got off of a phone call with a rude Catherine who was talking over me. Wondering how I am supposed to provide proof against an incorrect charge at a gas station nowhere near me?

Did the gas station provide proof in writing like you're asking from me?

I'm really disappointed you are not willing to conduct a fair two-sided investigation into this dispute. I've completely lost all faith in using PayPal after many years and will be sure to tell everyone I know if you do not attempt to make this right.

Paypal Reviews