PayPal Phone Numbers and Emails

• (855) 787-1009

PayPal Emails:

Complaints/ Feedback
Customer Service
Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Team, Ombuds/Ethics Team, Rewards Program, Unsolicited Email Issues
General Info
Analyst Relations
Investors/ Franchising
Jobs/ Career
Employment Verification (Former Employees)
Legal
DMCA Inquiries
Media
Report Fraud
Suspicious Emails
cardsupport@paypal.com
Card Support
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

PayPal Customer Service Overview

• PayPal Customer Service is rated at 1.7 out of 5. Consumers who contact the company are mostly dissatisfied. More commonly used way of contact is by phone.

Source Distribution
    85% phone 15% email
  • The best phone number to call PayPal is 8882211161. 77% of consumers used this number to address their issues and concerns. Meanwhile, 57% of users reported contacting a real person successfully by dialing the phone number 8889148072.

• The average hold time is up to 3 minutes. The longest wait times are on Monday, while the shortest are on Sunday. The average call time is 7 minutes.

• Be prepared for the call as PayPal may ask you for the following information to identify you as a customer: first and last name, phone number or email.

View full overview ›

How to Contact PayPal?

Most Popular Number:

(888) 221-1161
Existing Customers
Total calls: 47 153 Issues resolved: 1 523 Last call: Jun 20, 2024

The PayPal phone number is 1-888-221-1161 for account holders and guests in the US, 020-8080-6500 for the UK customers (may be charged at a national call rate), 0800-365-9448 for landline calls, and 1-402-935-2050 for guests and account holders outside the US.

The PayPal customer support is available via phone from Monday to Sunday between 6 AM and 6 PM PT.

The process for making a call as an account holder is different from the process of making a call as a guest. To make a call as a guest, you only need to dial the appropriate phone number depending on your location.

Here is the process for making a call as an account holder:
- Go to the help center, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Сontact us”.
- You will be led to a new customer service help page, scroll to the bottom, and click on the “Сall us” option.
- PayPal will provide you with a one-time pass code and dial the phone number provided - you will be required to provide it during the call.

PayPal states categorically that they will only discuss account details with the account holder. The code is part of the verification process to ascertain that you are the account holder and it expires after an hour.

PayPal has a comprehensive help center where you can find answers for most common customer issues. The help center has three categories: personal help (for personal account related issues), business help (for business account issues), and technical help.

If you can’t find an answer on the FAQs, there are 3 more ways to get assistance:
- Report a problem at the resolution center (for transaction-related issues).
- Message - since there is no direct PayPal email address to write to, the PayPal message center option is the best channel for chatting with a customer care representative. Click on “New Message” and provide details of your issue on the text box then click on the ^ button.
- Community forum where you can find answers by looking at responses to other customer’s similar questions either by PayPal customer support representatives or fellow customers.

The PayPal customer support is most active on Twitter (@Paypal Support). Here you can either tweet your question or send a direct message. Sending a direct message is the best option for questions that are specific to your account and include personal information.

There are two PayPal addresses. A corporate headquarter address is 2211 North First StreetSan Jose, California 95131 and a World operations address is 12312 Port Grace BoulevardLa Vista, Nebraska 68128.

PissedConsumer Club

San Jose, California 95131
United States

Other Info (opening hours):

Customer Service Hours:

Monday - Sunday: 6:00am - 6:00pm (PT)

PayPal Worldwide Operations

1.7 / 5
Poor
Guest-5909356
I hate PAYPAL!!!!!

No one talks to anyone and the communication is horrible and you have to get disconnected and start all over again a million times. Terrible, horrible customer service.

Skip T Wxp
PayPal will not accept. My login don't know why,every time I try to login it won't accept it Why not ?

I gave all info to the rep. But some how, or some reason I still can't get in please tell me why not and tell me what I need to do to get this problem solved

Joanne G Fza
Unauthorized charges

I'm still waiting for a refund for fraudulent charges. I was promised a refund within 5 days; it's been 13 days.

Keikoa B
Account issue
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

I need a human being to reply to me. You limited my account for zero reasons, cutting me off from my income.

I'm a Twitch streamer who survives on donations and you insinuated I do sex work, then just froze my account. This is insulting and cannot be legal. I have tried for weeks to get any support from you and nothing! Please fix your mess.

I'm not the only one and it's becoming a huge problem that everyone is talking about, saying they'll never use PayPal again. I don't blame them. Zero customer service.

You should be ashamed. Make this right.

How Good is PayPal's Customer Service?

Amit Ztk
Amit Ztk
Feels Neutral | Jun 20, 2024

Good service

Marlon G Hvz
Marlon G Hvz
Feels Disappointed | Jun 20, 2024

Ask them can they verify that the deposit actually hit the account and verify of a stopped payment was initialized before the refund was actually deposited into the same account like Uber refund

Ciocan M
Ciocan M
Feels Disappointed | Jun 16, 2024

I can not log in becase i need to update my phone number.an i can not get a real person at support for Romania

Aries Ocx
Aries Ocx
Feels Disappointed | Jun 15, 2024

I was never able to speak to a human person

Juna Wqh
Juna Wqh
Feels Satisfied | Jun 12, 2024

I get the best service an the lady that speak to me was so polìte

Dryden Afw

9% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call PayPal?

Account Question:

• “Blocked account”
  • “Please close my PayPal acct (if there is one)”
  • “I have probleme with login”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Can’t get payment”
  • “I sent money yesterday to a friend Luz Alejandra Gracia 350 dollars so she can by a ticket to visit me on june 21st the payment says on hold until june 24 th i need the payment released”
  • “I received an email billing notification”

Request for Information Question:

• “Status of the on hold balance”
  • “I need to talk to them dumb ***”
  • “Support”

Cards Question:

• “Bleary on my card that it was declined but I haven't used my card in over a month”
  • “Check address on my PayPal card”
  • “I'm trying to link my card”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Order not received”
  • “I have not recieved my funds that was posted to my account”
  • “Never received a itam”

Refund Question:

• “Dispute refund”
  • “Get more details on a refund claim that got denied.”
  • “Refund”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Trying to order a card”
  • “Playing games on the phone I won't paid or shut these games down. PS I need to talk with someone please I need to talk with somebody please !.”
  • “Unable to connect my credit card”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “To activate my account”
  • “Cant cancel or cgange order as can't contact seller”
  • “I would like to cancel any and all accounts that I have with Paypal”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “I want to change my phone number”
  • “Change account information”
  • “To change an inactive account to active.”

Staff Question:

• “Customer service in USA”
  • “Need to speak to cust. Service”
  • “Customer service”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Website will not accept current mailing address on debit card”
  • “Finish application”
  • “Website is not allowing me to make a payment”

Employment Question:

• “Payoff information and address”
  • “Payoff”
  • “Trying to pay off deferred payments. They make you jump through hoops. No statements to keep up with your payments. The accounts are split so when you pay it’s only going to one acct causing to pay interest on the other. Never explain as that”

Other Question:

• “Finish activating”
  • “Scammers”
  • “I'm trying to make a purchase for or from Temu”

About