Contact PayPal Customer Service
PayPal Phone Numbers and Emails
If calling from outside the U.S.
Mobile Card Reader
PayPal Smart Connect
- (402) 935-7733
Credit/ Debit Cards:
PayPal Cashback Mastercard
PayPal Extras MasterCard
Stockholder Services International
PayPal Contact Information
PayPal Online Chat:
Corporate Office Address:
Other Info (opening hours):
Customer Service Hours of Operation:
6:00 AM PT to 6:00 PM PT Monday through Sunday
How to Contact PayPal?
Contact PayPal Customer Service Via Phone
The PayPal phone number is 1-888-221-1161 for account holders and guests in the US, 020-8080-6500 for the UK customers (may be charged at a national call rate), 0800-365-9448 for landline calls, and 1-402-935-2050 for guests and account holders outside the US.
The process for making a call as an account holder is different from the process of making a call as a guest. To make a call as a guest, you only need to dial the appropriate phone number depending on your location.
Here is the process for making a call as an account holder:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to the help center, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Сontact us”.
- You will be led to a new customer service help page, scroll to the bottom, and click on the “Сall us” option.
- PayPal will provide you with a one-time pass code and dial the phone number provided - you will be required to provide it during the call.
PayPal states categorically that they will only discuss account details with the account holder. The code is part of the verification process to ascertain that you are the account holder and it expires after an hour.
The PayPal customer support is available via phone from Monday to Sunday between 6 AM and 6 PM PT.
After you dial the phone number, the company’s voicemail system will provide you with the following step-by-step instructions:
Thank you for calling PayPal. Calls maybe recorded or monitored for quality or security purposes.
We are currently experiencing extended call wait times and as a result CS rep may not be available.
For faster support go to Paypal help center and send us a message.
You should click "Help" on any page at paypal.com.
For Account information please remain on the line.
It looks like you have 6-digit one time pass code. Please enter or say it now.
Alternatively, if you need more time to find it, say, "One moment."
In couple of words, please tell me what you are calling about.
You can say things such as, "How do I refund someone?" or, "I have not received my payment."
These are just examples, so please tell me why you are calling.
Contact PayPal Customer Service Via the Help Center
PayPal has a comprehensive help center where you can find answers for most common customer issues. The help center has three categories: personal help (for personal account related issues), business help (for business account issues), and technical help.
If you can’t find an answer on the FAQs, there are 3 more ways to get assistance:
- Report a problem at the resolution center (for transaction-related issues).
- Message - since there is no direct PayPal email address to write to, the PayPal message center option is the best channel for chatting with a customer care representative. Click on “New Message” and provide details of your issue on the text box then click on the ^ button.
- Community forum where you can find answers by looking at responses to other customer’s similar questions either by PayPal customer support representatives or fellow customers.
Contact PayPal Customer Support Via Social Media
The PayPal customer support is most active on Twitter (@Paypal Support). Here you can either tweet your question or send a direct message. Sending a direct message is the best option for questions that are specific to your account and include personal information.
There are two PayPal addresses. A corporate headquarter address is 2211 North First StreetSan Jose, California 95131 and a World operations address is 12312 Port Grace BoulevardLa Vista, Nebraska 68128.
Summary of PayPal Customer Service Calls
Top Reasons of Customers Calls
Consumers Call the Most From
Why Do People Call PayPal Customer Service?
- “I have 2accounts with one email.0ne account have my picture an other does not have.so I want to stay with one account and I want to see my money moving in one account thank you.the old account whit picture does not open.”
- “I have a problem with my account”
Payments and Charges Question:
- “Pending charges”
- “Unauthorized use of account”
- “Transaction issues”
Request for Information Question:
- “I have questions about my account”
- “About my debit card”
- “How many times will money be put on hold we're a upstart nonprofit”
Shipping and Delivery Question:
- “My transfer has not arrived in my bank”
- “My order o have not received”
- “Never received money”
- “I'm worried the associate of yours,isn't. Trying to get refund started and he keeps taking me to pages where I have to add new addresses, has pending process on some monies I'm not asking for.”
- “My transfer money please refund because my union bank is close”
- “Card balance”
- “Can't put my money on my card”
- “I want to make sure my paypal is a card i ordered ?”
Activation/ Cancellation Question:
- “Cancel payment”
- “Trying to activate card”
Product/ Service Question:
- “Want to withdraw an uncleared transaction”
- “Won't generate withdraw code”
Return/ Replace Question:
- “About returning the product”
- “Change address”
- “Paypal service”
- “Customer service”
- “Customer service compaint”
Website/ Application Question:
- “Problems with app/website”
- “Scam website”
- “Check websites validity”
- “Form 1099-K”
- “To payoff one of my purchase before deadline is up”
- “My money on hold”
- “Unable to pay on app”
Customer Care, Money Transfer, Payment Processing Service
Account, Prepaid Card, Website
Pros: No pros, No pros for now, Impossible to talk to a person for assistance, Easy to use, Impossible to get problems solved
Cons: Customer service, Unable to reach a human, Difficulty in dealing with a problem, It is very difficult to get a resolution to a problem, Fraudulent activity
, , , ,
PayPal is the new way to transact business online. PayPal lets you send money to anyone with email using money on your account, your bank account or credit cards. You will find reviews and compalints from consumers that have experienced the service. Paypal is a subsidiary of the EBay Corporation. If you have your own story to share, feel free to leave a comment with us. We will make sure your story about PayPal will available on the World Wide Web.
PayPal is ranked 54 out of 274 in Cash Services category
Europe, Worldwide, USA, Asia, Australia, Canada, Other, UK
Compare PayPal To
Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm. A company's rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in your profile. The algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.