Paypal Phone Numbers and Emails

Español
  • (888) 221-1161
    Existing Customers
  • (402) 935-2050
    If calling from outside the U.S.
  • (877) 569-1136

Complaints/ Feedback
Customer Service
Investors/ Franchising
Media
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

Paypal Contact Information

San Jose, California 95131
United States

Other Info (opening hours):

How To Contact PayPal

Thank you for calling PayPal. Calls maybe recorded or monitored for quality or security purposes.

We are currently experiencing extended call wait times and as a result CS rep may not be available.

For faster support go to Paypal help center and send us a message.

You should click "Help" on any page at paypal.com.

For Account information please remain on the line.

It looks like you have 6-digit one time pass code. Please enter or say it now.

Alternatively, if you need more time to find it, say, "One moment."

In couple of words, please tell me what you are calling about.

You can say things such as, "How do I refund someone?" or, "I have not received my payment."

These are just examples, so please tell me why you are calling.

Customer Service Hours of Operation:

6:00 AM PT to 6:00 PM PT Monday through Sunday

Edit Business Info

How to Contact PayPal?

Contact PayPal Customer Service Via Phone

The PayPal phone number is 1-888-221-1161 for account holders and guests in the US, 020-8080-6500 for the UK customers (may be charged at a national call rate), 0800-365-9448 for landline calls, and 1-402-935-2050 for guests and account holders outside the US.

The process for making a call as an account holder is different from the process of making a call as a guest. To make a call as a guest, you only need to dial the appropriate phone number depending on your location.

Here is the process for making a call as an account holder:
- Go to the help center, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Сontact us”.
- You will be led to a new customer service help page, scroll to the bottom, and click on the “Сall us” option.
- PayPal will provide you with a one-time pass code and dial the phone number provided - you will be required to provide it during the call.

PayPal states categorically that they will only discuss account details with the account holder. The code is part of the verification process to ascertain that you are the account holder and it expires after an hour.

The PayPal customer support is available via phone from Monday to Sunday between 6 AM and 6 PM PT.

After you dial the phone number, the company’s voicemail system will provide you with the following step-by-step instructions:

For faster support go to Paypal help center and send us a message.

You should click "Help" on any page at paypal.com.

For Account information please remain on the line.

It looks like you have 6-digit one time pass code. Please enter or say it now.

Alternatively, if you need more time to find it, say, "One moment."

In couple of words, please tell me what you are calling about.

These are just examples, so please tell me why you are calling.

Contact PayPal Customer Service Via the Help Center

PayPal has a comprehensive help center where you can find answers for most common customer issues. The help center has three categories: personal help (for personal account related issues), business help (for business account issues), and technical help.

If you can’t find an answer on the FAQs, there are 3 more ways to get assistance:
- Report a problem at the resolution center (for transaction-related issues).
- Message - since there is no direct PayPal email address to write to, the PayPal message center option is the best channel for chatting with a customer care representative. Click on “New Message” and provide details of your issue on the text box then click on the ^ button.
- Community forum where you can find answers by looking at responses to other customer’s similar questions either by PayPal customer support representatives or fellow customers.

Contact PayPal Customer Support Via Social Media

The PayPal customer support is most active on Twitter (@Paypal Support). Here you can either tweet your question or send a direct message. Sending a direct message is the best option for questions that are specific to your account and include personal information.

There are two PayPal addresses. A corporate headquarter address is 2211 North First StreetSan Jose, California 95131 and a World operations address is 12312 Port Grace BoulevardLa Vista, Nebraska 68128.

More information

8% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call Paypal Customer Service?

Account Question:

• “Forgot password all my info is old need help”
  • “Login Issue and phone number issues”
  • “Closing account”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Payment”
  • “I recieved my payment but it is now showing a negative balance instead”
  • “See if I could change my payment due date”

Request for Information Question:

• “My accout show to be more then 800.00 neg. And that is impossble!”
  • “Need help logging in”
  • “Need help never received item I ordered”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Didn't receive my money from an app”
  • “Never received item”
  • “Tracking id failed”

Refund Question:

• “Hey PayPal my name is Israel Garcia l need my refund on my card thank you”
  • “I need refund for the payment”
  • “I want to get a refund”

Cards Question:

• “Cant use card”
  • “Report card lost or stolen”
  • “Can't get my credit card to work”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “I want to cancel Paypal”
  • “Cancellation”
  • “They're charging me for something I didint subscribe too”

Product/ Service Question:

• “I got a fake tracking number from the seller”
  • “Paypal withdrawal”
  • “Wont work”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “Return”
  • “Replacement card”
  • “Return item”

Staff Question:

• “Customer service compaint”
  • “Not letting me use service”
  • “Need customers service”

Employment Question:

• “I have received money from my employer and still on hold”
  • “I ordered tickets online from Stubhub how can I cancel the order so I can reorder them from someone else?”
  • “I want to get paid”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Scam website”
  • “Capitol one shopping application merge with paypal debit,prepaid card,$2200 on app.”
  • “Need info on website linked to PayPal transactions”

Other Question:

• “My funds are on hold”
  • “I want my money back”
  • “Can recieve funds from ebay buyer”

About

Top Paypal Services

Customer Care, Money Transfer, Payment Processing Service

Top Paypal Products

Account, Prepaid Card, Website

Paypal Pros and Cons

Pros: No pros for now, No pros, Impossible to talk to a person for assistance, Easy to use, Easy transactions

Cons: Customer service, Unable to reach a human, Fraudulent activity, Difficulty in dealing with a problem, It is very difficult to get a resolution to a problem