Verified Reviewer

2.0

Update by user Nov 21, 2021

PayPal never responded to my multiple emails asking for a resolution or reasoning. In fact, they've completely ignored me.

Despite being locked out of using PayPal, or even deleting my account, I still get spam emails about PayPal's new features.

It's like their taunting me with what I can't even use, and it's very irritating. I don't this will ever be resolved at this point.

Original review posted by user Oct 22, 2021

Last night, I converted my account to a business account so that I could use it without revealing my full legal name to the people sending me money. This was a measure of security for me, since I was making my PayPal address available to anyone who came across me online.

This morning, I awoke to my account being locked, and was not given any specific reasons.

Now, I have two ways of dealing with this. Either, find out what I did wrong, or just close the account.

Unfortunately, all I'm told by the site is that I violated the user agreement, but not what the violation was. And to my second option, it won't let me close my account.

If I can't get help with fixing my account, I'd at least like to close it.

It doesn't really make sense to say that I'm not allowed to use my account for anything, but also tell me I'm not allowed to close it. It's just taking up useless space in a server at that point, so it doesn't exactly benefit myself or PayPal to have an account i can't use.

User's recommendation: Don't Use PayPal.

Preferred solution: Unlock my account, or let me close it.

PayPal Pros: Easy of payments.

PayPal Cons: Hard to get help when needed, Increasingly restrictive, High fees.

Comments