Verified Reviewer

1.5

I have changed my mobile number, but I cannot login to my PayPal account because it wants to send an SMS code to my old number which I no longer have.

Their support bot is useless. Everytime it suggests changing your password.

I have done this and it makes no difference. There is still the same problem. It still wants to send an SMS to my old number. So I cannot login!

Their support email just replied (with an automated reply of course).

Once again all they suggest is logging in and then changing your mobile details.

How can I login to change the details if I cannot login!

Absolute idiots. "Customer service" at PayPal is appalling. I have never before encountered such stupidity and lack of understanding from a company. It is unbelievable.

I have also tried contacting them via their Facebook chat, and that does not reply.

Been waiting 3 days.

Also trying their Twitter feed. So far no luck.

PayPal is a dismal company who don't have a clue about customer service. But I suspect their intention in making it so difficult to contact them and to resolve such issues is in the hope that customers will simply give up and abandon their account, so that PayPal gets to keep the balance.

Well it will not happen with me I can assure them.

I will pursue PayPal via every legal avenue right til the end. They will not get away with it.

User's recommendation: Avoid PayPal at all costs!

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Paypal Cons: Poor customer sevice, No humans involved, No understanding of problem, No solution proposed.

Comments