Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jan 16

The last resource that I had was writing my Attorney General. In turn, he wrote paypal with my complaint and asked paypal to refund my money.

Friday I recieved an email saying that the $164.00 has been credited to my account. After ten complaints with ten various consumer rights websites and then the Attorney General.

That's what it took to get the money that was owed. I wish they would have to me for all the time, effort and emotional wreckage they've put me through!

Update by user Jan 07

Even after making complaints to the FTC, the BBB, Rip Off Report, Resolver, SiteJabber, Facebook, and my aAttorney General, Paypal has still not responded. I took others' advice and called my credit card company. It sounds promising, but I'm awaiting a response.

Update by user Dec 27, 2019

I failed to mention in my complaint that one rep I talked to said that this particular merchant, "Sale Club LLC" , was under investigation by them. In the same conversation, she proceeded to tell me that PayPal is rightfully denying my case, because the package was marked delivered.

Paypal welcomes scammers with open arms. These people have perfected their game knowing about PayPal's tracking policy.

Rather then weed the scammer out, they invite, and cater to them. This obviously means $$$ signs for Paypal.

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2019

On November 6th of 2019, I bought a bunk bed from sale club LLC online. It was $164.

I don't usually buy online unless they have the option to pay with PayPal. I always felt safe with knowing that PayPal had the buyer protection policy. A week or so went by, past the delivery date, and my son had still not received the bed. I checked PayPal to view the invoice.

It looked correct with my son's shipping address on it. I then went to the UPS site and ran the tracking number. Shockingly, I saw that the status of my shipment was "delivered" at "the dock", and signed for by "Hoopman"! I don't know who this Hoopman is, and why was it delivered at a dock?

It sounded commercial to me. Not a residence at all. I immediately called UPS and gave them the tracking number. They looked it up, then told me it was delivered.

I told them that I hadn't received it. They then tried to tell me that the tracking number I gave them doesn't belong to me. That's when I asked to speak to a manager. The manager told me that the package had a different address on it than my son's and that's where it was delivered.

Though I asked multiple times, UPS would not tell me the address, because of their "privacy policies". I was outraged! All I knew was that it went to somewhere in Grand Rapids, MN, it was delivered to "the dock" and signed for by "Hoopman", There was nothing more UPS could do for me, so I called PayPal. I thought they would help me for sure!

To my dismay, they did nothing but argue with me. She wanted me to get a signed document by UPS stating that the shipment went to another address. I told them that I had a hard enough time talking to them and that they wouldn't give me the shipping address because of their privacy policy, but PayPal still insisted I get this document. I again called UPS, and again they told me they would not help me.

I went back and forth from PayPal to UPS trying to get someone to help me. At one point I talked to a nice lady at PayPal who said she will refund the money back to my card, because if haven't gotten it, because it went to the wrong address, that wasn't right. Later that night, I looked at my email to see that PayPal overrode her decision, and would not reimburse me. I was not getting anywhere.

PayPal then asked for me to start a lost package claim with UPS. That's what I did. The next day, I received an email from UPS. It was about my claim.

It actually said where the package was shipped to! It stated that it was shipped to L&M Supply in Grand Rapids. I thought, "Now I have proof for PayPal!" I immediately sent them that proof. I received an email back from them saying that I still must provide that document by UPS, even though what I sent them was undeniable proof of the shipment going to L&M Supply.

Not my son.

As of today, PayPal refuses to reimburse me under their buyer protection plan. I want the money I am owed under the buyer protection plan from PayPal!

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Payment Processing Service.

Reason of review: Not honoring buyer protection plan..

Preferred solution: Honor the buyer protection plan by issuing my money back. .

PayPal Pros: No pros.

PayPal Cons: Customer representative are rude.

• Don t Use Paypal
  • Buyer Protection Plan Is A Farce

Comments

Leo B

We exactly had the same problem. I even had a 3 way call with Paypal and UPS, but they still denied my claim.

Paypal works with those scammers since they get paid for it.

They forget that the money came from us. At least I got my money back via the credit card company.

Leo B

They did the same thing to me. Just go directly to your card company, file a dispute and send them all the proofs you have.

The card should reverse it. That is what I did. Paypal is a joke and they love scammers.

I complained to paypal via BBB and their corporate would give you a run around and then close your complaint on BBB telling BBB that you do not accept their explanation on how they protect scammers. But if we all make a complaint, then theyll realize how moronic they are, and maybe credit companies will not work with them anymore.

Laurie
@Leo B

Thank you! I appreciate your help! I'll try that.

PAYPAL ARE THIEVES THIS IS WHY THEY ARE A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY