Verified Reviewer

I signed up to Paypal to send some money to my girlfriend living OS. She put a note on it referencing "Cuba" a pet name we have for each other however Paypal put my payment into pending and would not allow it to be sent unless I showed them travel documentation.

There was no travel and thus I can't provide them any documents. However they will not let me send the payment or cancel it. This happened in Nov19 and it's not Jan20 and I still have been unable to gain access to my money. This is despite contacting their customer service, resolution centre AND compliance centres trying to resolve this issue.

My girlfriend and I are so over it. We used Transferwise and I got the money over to her in a blink.

My advice is to stay well clear of Paypal because if anything goes through transferring funds, you will have to go through a nightmare trying to get anything resolved through their customer service. It's shocking.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Customer Care.

PayPal Pros: Well known brand.

PayPal Cons: Lack of resolution for problems with service.

• PayPal sucks