Verified Reviewer

The individual initiating the issue, and who has in no way been penalized, who wound up actually violating terms of service in this case, through the friends and family option, repaid me $100 I had lent them online through Paypal. They (11 days after this transaction had transpired) disputed.

They claimed the transaction was unauthorized. (The individual had owed my husband $40 and repaid him the same way, also filed that repayment as unauthorized transaction.) We were both able to provide evidence his claim was fraudulent. The dispute was settled in our favor, my husband's account was unlocked, mine was not. The reason?

Due to "unusual activity" on my account, I brought my account to positive...as directed by PayPal...while awaiting their determination...my husband had not. After many attempts to submit requested information to verify both my identity, and the account's "activities," only to find the msg center at the resolution center down EVERY SINGLE DAY ALL DAY, for over a week solid...I looked for a phone number to call. I had funds in crypto rapidly losing value I could not access, and the inability to purchase more to offset my loss. I needed access as soon as possible...I found their support number on PissedConsumer.com.

After speaking with them, and establishing the nature of the issue, I was getting cursory run around scripted "you can handle this issue at the resolution center" response, I mentioned I jad gotten their number from PissedConsumer.com, almost immediately they started listening. I was given an alternative address to upload the files, and after a few days of fighting that particular set of obstacles (nothing would load) I did manage to get the info submitted. A few days later my account was finally unlocked, my crypto now at essentially half value, and me with NO explanation as to where my $100.00 to bring the account to positive...as directed...is, or when I can expect it to be reapplied to my account.

Shortly after I finish writing this I'll be calling them to inquire after that, since I have no response to my initial email regarding it in over 24hrs now. My faith in PayPal regarding all future financial transactions, is quite shaken, as you might imagine.imagine.

The difference?

User's recommendation: 1. Do not hold crypto here. 2. Document every transaction (we may have lost dispute without outside msgs of them denying disputing and admitting they had repaid via those accounts.) 3. Skip straight to calling customer service, and mention PissedConsumer.com, it definitely helped.

Preferred solution: My funds returned, $100, and optimistically, lost profit...but also to hear how they intend to keep this from happening to any of their other customers. .

Paypal Pros: Fast & easy p2p transactions, Selling on ebay, Getting feet wet with crypto.

Paypal Cons: Lack of accountability, Slow to no response from resolution center, Message center constantly down, File upload issues.

Comments