Verified Reviewer

On the 16th of April 2022, I received an email from PayPal that my account is going under closure, first i thought this was a fake email but when i logged into my account it was actually real. They are telling me that my account is closing from the vague reason of violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy.

What i did first is messaging them on the paypal website and asking for a more specific reason, first I received an automated message which i responded to so a person can answer me. The second answer i think it was by a person but it wasn't telling me why my account is closing, just that my account was reviewed and they think it should be closed. I replied to that answer again and told them what i am using PayPal for and ask them again the reason why i was permanently limited. They simply answered that the decision cannot be overturned and that my funds will be frozen for 180 days.

I called them on April 18th and explained to them again what I use PayPal for and they issued a new revision for my account which i never got an answer for after 72 hours of waiting. I use PayPal to sell digital products/goods. I am a developer and I create plugins/scripts which are digital products, then I sell these products on a marketplace. I can give all the info on my products and the Marketplace that I am using if needed but PayPal never asked for that before closing my account.

I was using my PayPal account for about 2 years and I had no disputes over this time period, the account was verified and I gave all my personal information when I created it as well as added my credit card & bank account. I am really worried now that I'll never get access to my balance that was frozen, I have 1.780$ which i cannot access.

User's recommendation: Do not hold a large amount of money in PayPal, they will close your account and take your money.

Preferred solution: I'm asking for my account to be restored and access to my balance..

PayPal Pros: Easy access.

PayPal Cons: Customer service, No understanding of problem, Impossible to solve without agent.

Comments