700 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved
1.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Nov 03, 2021

Account was restored.

Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2021

My PayPal account was frozen (limited) and I cant use it or get my funds that are in my account for 180 days and I will get instructions as to how I can get my money around March 2022.

Late Aug. 2021 I had to open a PayPal account to cash in on some winning from Yahoo sports.

It was the only way that I could claim my winnings because it was the only way that they would make the payment. As long as it was open I decided to start having my rewards from other sites transferred into the new PayPal account.

On Sept. 5, 2021 I received an email that my PayPal account was limited (frozen) and I could not use or have access to my funds, I would be notified after 180 days as to how to get my money. There was no explanation as to why my account was frozen, (only a link to possible reasons, none of which seemed to apply).

The only things that I did were to deposit funds, check my balance and try to apply for a PayPal card. None of these actions should be a violation of rules.

I called customer service to try and clear up the situation and was told that the reason why the account was frozen is because I used a VPN when I accessed my account and that it would be restored within 24 to 48 hours after a review and I would get an email when it happens.

Five days later I still did not receive a reply and my account was still frozen. On Sept. 13, 2021 I called customer service again and again I was told that they could not see any reason why my account was frozen and that there was no update to the status of my account and that they would send another request to the reviewing department.

I was also asked to send a copy of a photo ID which seemed unnecessary because they already had information on me like my SSN. I reluctantly sent their request.

As of Sept. 17, 2021 after 11 days there was still no response to any of my calls and my account is still frozen so I filed a complaint with the BBB..

In the mean time I have a reward that is in limbo.

It was supposed to deposited into my account but they cant deposit it because of the freeze and I dont know if I can get credit or some kind of refund for it.

As of Oct. 4, 2021 2 Calls and a complaint filed with the BBB and it is still frozen

User's recommendation: Don't use unless you want your money locked up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paypal Money Transfer.

Preferred solution: Restore the account and makeup for the reward that I have lost..

PayPal Pros: Convenience.

PayPal Cons: Accounts frozen for no reason, Money frozen for 6 months, Poor response time and give false information.

Comments