money account customer service customer service bank card credit card credit payment

PayPal Buyer Protection

Berk Law has begun investigating the "Buyer Protection" practice of PayPal. Buyer Protection, in part, protects against counterfeit products if: "The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic." However, it has been reported to us that PayPal's policy makes it nearly impossible to protect its users from counterfeit products. Please read our blog post about this discrepancy: http://www.thecorporateobserver.com/2012/03/articles/consumer-protection/paypal-buyer-protection-less-protective-than-consumers-would-hope/ . It would help greatly to hear from any impacted PayPal users via email, telephone, or comment to the blog. The more incidences of which we become aware, the better we can analyze the issue and determine whether there is any way to help make consumers whole. If you were unable to obtain relief for counterfeit goods using PayPal's Buyer Protection program, or have experienced similar issues with PayPal or other financial services providers, please contact us at info@berklawdc.com, or via telephone at (202) 232-7550.

We had a legitimate sale on ebay but the buyer later said that it was a bogus credit card charge that he didn't make. Paypal froze our assets and wouldn't provide us any information on the scammer.

We are out $3600 because they did not support us a sellers. We are ebay power sellers and have been for years.

Haven't been able to get any help getting our money back and now they are reporting us to credit bureaus. This is not right.

hi arezuh ive been selling and buying for years on ebay and i recently purchased 2 diamond rings for a small amount of money and of course they turned out to be counterfeit from china. i opened a case and stated i wanted all shipping paid back and full refund, the seller refunded me in full after the resolution process.

I believe alot of factors were involved, but for me it worked out well, i would have preferred diamonds though. ahhh christmas.

View more comments (1)

Pay pal | PayPal review from Carson City, Nevada

I got ripped of by an ebay buyer and i filed a cmplaint with paypal. I did everything they told such as filing a police report but they still say i owe them. They locked my account and said if i want to close it i have to pay i said nope cuz you guys wont fix the problem. There costomer servise is realy bad and i got nowhere. They kept transfering me. I do not recomend pay pal to anyone. Now i think they are still tring to get money out of me. I only shop on a site without pay pal.
Eoghan

This is the most corrupt corporation they will stop at nothing to *** over. They have changed the website page for Pay Pal Smart Connect Card.

John N

I agree. Paypal is really not secure and hackers are always trying to breach their security. Best to stay away from it.

@John N

View more comments (2)

Can not trust PayPal

I based a purchase I made from a Chinese vendor on the fact that I could, and did, use PayPal to pay for the transaction. Bad mistake. The item was not shipped for 12 days after the order. I did cancel the order but the vendor did not honor the cancelation. The item shipped was not the item I had ordered. I contacted the vendor and received a return merchandise authorization. According to their return policy, they were suppose to pay for the return shipping. After many emails back and forth, I applied for my money back from PayPal. PayPal initiated a request to the vendor in order for me to get my money back. Bottom line, PayPal was not able to get me my money back. I would warn everyone using PayPal to be very careful.
Eoghan

Want to see what they really do? Go to You Tube type ge capital retail pay pal look for the green snakes.

They have changed the website page for Pay Pal Smart Connect Card. You can no longer go in & copy & paste nor "View Card" Details. Please read the post from an employee at GE Captial & Pay Pal at Rip-Off Report#1140625. You can also see actual documents that I have upload on this site.

Ebay/Paypal Aid and Abet Internet Theft

Recently I sold several lighters to an Australian buyer called hapy_horus. While the first box of lighters was en route to this buyer,he became angry over the price of shipping on his latest purchase and decided to open six Paypal disputes against me and leave 25 negative feedbacks to punish me for not allowing him to take advantage of me. Well,Paypal ordered him to return the items to me since he claimed every single one was not as described. As soon as his tracking number showed it was delivered to me,Paypal(in spite of my overwhelming proof that he was lying and had also left death threats on my phone)closed the case in his favor. Well in the boxes delivered to me was a bunch of broken and scrap lighters covered in kerosene and not what I had shipped to him. He now had the lighters and my money. Paypal said I had to file a police report,which I did,and that I could then appeal their decision. Every seller on Ebay knows that Paypal and Ebay are owned by each other and that they do everything thing in their power to discourage sellers from getting back at buyersthat steal from them. This is done to discourage sellers fom causing problems and making them do their job which is to provide a safe marketplace. I say that Ebay?Paypal are complicit in internet theft and fraud because it happens on their watch,with their full knowledge and they fail to lift a finger to stop it. Any buyer that wants to screw a seller can do it just like this guy did to me. Complain about the item to Paypal or Ebay,return a piece of junk or an empty box and the seller will usually think it is not worth the trouble. I am fighting them to the very end. This Australian criminal has cost me over 500 dollars so far-all with Paypal/Ebay's blessing. this has to stop and the public needs to be made aware of what these two condone. As long as they get their final value fees-they don't give a ***!
Eoghan

EBAY & Pay They have changed the website page for Pay Pal Smart Connect Card. You can no longer go in & copy & paste nor "View Card" Details.

I have listed them here: The Reports that have downloads are: Review #: 483913, Review #: 397877,Review #: 403826, Review #: 408105,Review #: 478478, Review #: 483025. It is faster when you read the documents that have been uploaded instead of reading all the posts.

PS I read the thing and it was 36.60 not 26.60, Im just very angry and my typing skills are suffering from it. Thank You

@Joy

Pal are as crooked as it gets. Check out You Tube type in ge capital retail pay pal look for the green snakes this will back all that you have posted EVIL CROOKS

It all started with me paying my Ebay bill early, according to the Supervisor at Ebay the "computer" did n ot recognize the payment, even though I had send two emails letting them know that it had been paid in full. I was suppost to get a 26.60 credit, It went from Ebay to Paypal as a Debit, from there it was sent to my bank(I only use this bank for the ebay and paypal monies)and so of course there was no money in the bank.

It was supposed tobe a credit so I called antried to explain to them that I was going to put a stop payment on the money from my bank and that it would cost me 30.00, after 4 Hrs of being on the phone, mostly being hung up on and calling back, I finally got a man who said he would credit me the 20.00 towards the stop payment charge, The guy posted that to my Ebay bill as well!!!! So now I have a 56.60 credit and still owe the bank 30.00!!! I then called paypal and explained that that money was to be put in my paypal balance so I could send it to my bank, I was unable to get a paypal debit card because "the computers were down for 4 months", and so they put it in the paypal balance along with the other 3 dollars I had, today I go online and now I owe the bank 30.00 from this but I am in the red for 16.00 to paypal!!!!! So where did that money go???

I called again and talked to three "supervisors", as far as Im concerned have *** for brains and was told" Sorry, we will NOT refund any money to you", so I am being ripped off and appareantly there is no way to gget my money back and now I owe all this money. What can I do any suggestions????? I, in the meantime an no longer selling, I took everything off ebay and shut my paypal acct. I was with both of them for over 10 yrs, I only started selling in Feb, that is when all this trouble started.

I LOST A LOT OF MONEY AND THE FEES ARE ASTRONOMICAL!!!!

anyway, for whatever purpose here is my story. BE CAREFUL, THEY WILL STEAL LIKE ANYONE ELSE AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

Eoghan
@Stole from my Paypal Account!

View more comments (4)

Pay Pal | PayPal review from Yakima, Washington

Update by user Jun 05, 2013

Pay Pal was canceled and all is fine. My son does not use account nor do I.

Original review posted by user Feb 23, 2012

I share an E Mail Address with my son Dawayne. Dawayne has no credit cards so I put mine on the pay pal account which is in his name. I went to change one credit card with another so I could order something from another country.We have passwords etc. wrote down so both can use this account. I could not get into account. I tryed for over 2 hours. When Dawayne came home, he tried and finally got into account and put new info on but could not get old card off. I called 4 times with no corection to the problem. Guess they lost 2 customers instead of one!!

You admit that you couldn't even log in on your own. So of course you couldn't figure out how to use paypal. It's pretty easy, but if you can't even log into your own account without help, well, then it's your own fault.

kristal k

I can understand about verifing an account and not letting you take one off. Oh this account had not been used in a while But..

To go round and round with pssword and secert ?'s and you end up right back doing passwrd and secert ? again and again,then still can not get into account is another thing. Something was wrong and when I tried to ask / tell lady and she wou,ld not listen, That is why I got really, really pissed.

My son did the same thing, he went round and round..password, secert ?, password, secert ?.. When you do that 4 -5 times you get alittle up set.

kristal k

At first I could not even change to add. I will not use it anymore as the way they treated me.

When I first signed up with my son, they said "no problem" on the usage of my cards on his account as long as we shared passwords etc.. Then account was froozen and you could not get through. Just went round and round with the same imfo to put in. Called 4 times and last time I was pissed and yelled at lady.

She inturn called the local police K-9 unit. (It is the only time they came fast) I still could not get through.. When my son came home, he could not get in to account, same thing round and round..

If this is the way they do business, they do not need us.. I do not trust em now.

thats correct you cannot remove a card from paypal until you add a new card and have it verified and link it to a bank account.

it is so people dont just add a card that may not have alot of money on it and then purchase a big ticket item then dont pay paypal.

View more comments (3)

Complain about PayPal Services

customers be aware:when a web encourage you to use your credit card or bank account through PayPal as a "safer option" it will turn your money into gift card!!! you'll never be able to return and credit your credit card or checking account ,the only option will be to get store or company's credit!!! just made a huge purchas from Target's web and when i returned few items,i was issued store credit as the only option so i am stuck with $200 store credit. i spoke with Target's customer service and found out it is wreaten some where at the "agreement of term "that nobody ever read.

It's not their fault you can't read....or spell.

Paypal: CORRUPT THIEVES!

SELLER BEWARE! Are you thinking their cheap rates sound pretty good? What's to lose? THINK AGAIN. Don't integrate your business with them and put trust in them because the minute you do, they will SCAM you out of YOUR MONEY!! They shut down my account after being with them for 8 YEARS (WITH NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT OR DISPUTE IN MY ACCOUNT) and not only did they close it down without warning, they also froze my money for 180 days.....THAT'S 6 FRACKIN MONTHS!!!! And if that isn't enough, they don't even have the courtesy to give you a REASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are a scam company and the government needs to step in and start regulating them. They take our money like banks and play with the interest like banks but they have NONE of the regulations that banks have. Regulations that are meant to PROTECT us as consumers. The whole thing is a bad joke. ON US! If you're a seller or business owner, stay the *** away. Use a REAL merchant and save yourself the despair and trouble. If you have no other choice (which I beg you to keep looking) PULL OUT YOUR MONEY AFTER EVER SINGLE SALE NO MATTER WHAT!!!

those bastards froze my account permanently for no reason! I never even sold anything!

Paypal Account

Paypal refuses to pay for an order I've placed internationally

To begin with, I have to say that our situation is probably more complicated then most, as spread over 1 year, we more or less live in 3 countries. Originally the paypal account was opened in France to purchase an item for a friend, we spend some time in the U.S, and winters are spent in the Caribbean. We tried to purchase a couple of items from a company in the United States, the value about $700. As many U.S. companies will not accept credit cards issued in Europe, we remembered our old paypal account, and charged the items to it. An initial confirmation of the order was e-mailed to us, as well as the debit note from paypal. The amount was immediately charged to our credit card! The very next day, the order was cancelled. A phone call to the supplier (very Helpful) revealed that the order had been cancelled by paypal. After an endless search, we finally found paypal's phone number on their website, not the easiest thing to do. The phone service was located in Ireland, but the account having been opened in France, the only available language was French! Not a major problem, as my French is quite fluent, still a choice wouldn't do any harm! As we tried to confirm that it was indeed us that had placed the order, they put more and more obstacles in our way. First there was a supposedly " code" charge 0f $3 on our credit card, with that we would "identify" ourselves. several days later, code submitted, our paypal account was still frozen. Another call to Ireland revealed, they now requested the upload of a photo I.D.! Begrudgingly we did that as well, only it never changed a thin, although we had 2 e-mails from paypal, confirming full access to the account had been restored. Next phone call told us a paypal account could not be used internationally!!! and would therefore stay frozen. Furthermore the $3 "code charge" could not be refunded unless we supplied them with our personal bank account number (not very likely). next we cancelled the order with the supplier, and were informed that they would like to refund the money, but were unable due to our blocked paypal account. We are still waiting for our refund, and probably will have to dispute the issue on the credit card end, since there is no way we will phone paypal again!!! In the future if the only payment method is paypal, we will find another supplier.
Paypal Account

Paypal hiring employees from other countries

Paypal used another bank acct I had to sent my money to pay someone $798.55. they used the wrong bank which had no money and incurred fees from that bank. They then put my paypal acct into minus!!! This was on a Sunday and the person I was talking to was from the Phillipines. He treated me as though it was all my fault and that they could do nothing about it. I needed to use my Paypal acct and couldn't because of my minus acct. I asked for a supervisor and it was like I was talking to the same person. I felt helpless. Today I spoke to someone from Arizona. She fixed it.

EyeTweaks would like to know how it feels to be the most hated company in the world eBay and Paypal. Stealing money from your visitors will only work so long till you have no more visitors. EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE CORRUPT EMAIL ME ILL SHARE MY STORY HOW THEY STOLE MY MONEY, MY ITEM AND DUMPED MY ACCOUNT.

Paypal & Ebay

SHipped an item to a customer, overseas to French Islands, via USPS Priority mail insured (biggest joke) Item tracking stock in a limbo in a sort facility in Jersey out of all the places, customer files dispute has not received the item (which is legitimate), I open up an investigation with USPS international (sounds great), and told it will take up to sixty days to complete so called investigation, however Paypal being the friendly buyer advocate, does not wait even 10 calendar days and on my behalf refunds the money to the customer, not only the purchase price but the shipping as well...... Hmmm, I call, steaming, and I am told that unless tracking shows the item is delivered, there is nothing they can do only rule to buyer's favor, I ask but how come you have refunded shipping fee? Well they say in case the customer does receive the item, I the seller can file an appeal, and they will ask the customer who by now will be in possession of the item, and the money to kindly return the money, wow, I ask and if the said customer is no longer a customer of EBAY or Paypal, what then? Well sorry pal, they said, what can we do, it is your responsibility to collect then......... AM I PISSED?