PayPal "guarantees" your purchases???

I have been with PayPal for many years and have had wonderful service. On January 27, I placed an order with SmartBargains.com for Kathy Ireland curtain Panels in the amount of $137.91 (with Shipping) which was charged to my PayPal account and then the first of February SmartBagains shipped my order and charged me again the $137.91 through my Pay Pal account using the same order number as the first charge. This proceeded to over draw my checking account and I was charged $35.00. I went to Smart Bargains and was told was not their issue it was PayPals. Went to PayPal and instituted a claim on February 7th. Since then I have called 5 times, emailed several times and still do not know what is going on. No one at PayPal can tell me what the problem is. I thought they guaranteed my purchases made through them? This has gone on to long! If you look at my PayPal account you can see that I got charged twice for the same invoice #. Does anyone know where I can go to get help with this???

I bought a $1,000 antigue ring that arrived with significant damage. The seller refused to take it back so I filed a claim with PayPal.

I had paid for it using three seperate payments. They approved 2 of them but refused to decide in my favor on the 3rd payment. Still have not received the 2nd one either. Just bought a pair of $200 optical frames that never arrived.

PayPal won't do anything, their guarantee means NOTHING.

They have just gotten too big to really give any kind of personal help, everytime I call the person agrees and pro,ises it will be straightened out. Never happens.

You will never get help from paypal. I ordered a set of workout dvd's for my daughter which we never received.

Paypal said there was a tracking number with the postal service so there was nothing they could do. Gee it's not like the post office never makes a mistake! All I know is we ordered the product and according to the tracking it was shipped 2 weeks later than the date when we were supposed to receive it. We had alerted the seller that it needed to be shipped in a timely manner as she was moving.

As it was she went by the house and spoke to her old room-mates almost daily for weeks and they never received the package either.

All I know is we were screwed big time by paypal. A rather ironic choice of names as they are certainly nobodies pal!!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Paypal idiots refunded money after i shipped!

i shipped merchandise when i was advise consumer paid. they reversed transaction and refunded the money not once but twice. i am now out the cost of merchandise as well as two refunds. there are no people to speak with... only computers programmed for certain events. i unable to find a human being to help. dont get screwed get off of ebay. when i wrote this *** he realized he was way ahead. now he wont take my call. i have no idea if h is a crook or just a *** but the real tragedy is that ebay and paypal are also guilty because they dont give a ***. why should they ... they are shovelling in money.

Reasons like this is why I only do in person sales. Craiglist!

Ebay and paypal are nothing but money hoggers. Hungry hippos.

New York, New York

JOIN OUR FIGHT AGAINST PAYPAL !!

Are you a business owner that has been hurt by paypal ? If so, please email us and tell us about your paypal horror story !! joemarc@***.net We are looking for anyone that has sent a item out to a customer and the customer put in a dispute with paypal..Your customer kept the merchandise and got their money back as well.. We have the attorney ready to go...If you or someone you know has been hurt by paypal and want to join the fight, email us no cost to you..Just your horror story.It is that simple

my 5 accounts closed by ebay and paypal for no reason and i dont have any answer

I would like to join you,after 180 days paypal did not return my money that they freeze, my email is tom.mission2010@***.com

I am on the opposite side. I ordered a set of workout dvd's from ebay and used paypal.

They took my money and I never received my product. The seller did not send the dvd's in a timely manner as promised. They were shipped 2 weeks past the date we were told we would receive them! I am very dissatisfied with Paypal!

They did nothing to back up my purchase which was why I thought it was a good idea to use them.

What a huge ripoff!! It is an even bigger ripoff when you have to use them to buy off of ebay.

I also have a 180 day hold on my funds of 1,800 i sent them all the information they asked for and they still will not release the money. They have had it since feb 2011Here is my email i would like to join the lawsuite newyucca@***.com

Paypal is holding my money for 180 days because they say that it is associated with another account, which has nothing to do with me at all. Also they already held my funds for 21 days, this is ridiculous, I need to file case or get a lawyer, i really néed advice.

Because they are really horrible in the customer service department, theybare extremely rude and inconsiderate self absorbed *** with no life! I have over 700 dollars in that account

View more comments (5)
Santa Monica, California

Direct Line Comm/Live TV On PC

Direct Line Comm/Live TV On PC/TVDEVO all of supposingly Digital TV services on PC are scams outfits in my opionion and offer nothing more than what you can find yourself on the internet. Paypal is their "bank" of choice for payment and there is no resolution available through paypal because disputes involving "services" as opposed to a "tangible" item can't be substantiated, per paypal. And the phone number provided to contact these companies are answered by a recorded messaging service and messages left are not returned. I've canceled my account with paypal for assoociation with scammers.

Fell for TV/DEVO. Contacted Paypal escalated from a dispute to a claim 10 days later money was refunded.

I've had the same problem with that company. Non of the channels work in Australia.

I have filed for a refund, and so far almost 10 days have gone past where they have not made contact with paypal.

Hopefully paypal will do the right thing and return my $19.95! Good luck to you!

Houston, Texas
Paypal Account

Paypal did not fix a scam well known!

Paypal and Iphone unlocker pro .com are at fault on this ripp-off!! iphone unlocker pro .com took my money from paypal for a service i bought to unlock iphones. they had a 100% garuntee this will work or you will get a full refound no questions asked it is on there site in writing .I call the number and no answer at all ....then I contacted there support and they told me to try looking on youtube for a unlock..so i said what did I pay for then ? never heard from them again and they closed out my pass word to get to the support and software area,told paypal and they dumped the case and no money.......paypal sucks too

All is well with me. Paid via paypal as well.

I jailbreak and unlocked my iphone 4 on iOS 4.3.3 just as the website claimed. I would highly recommend utilizing this website and their service.

Hmm.. Paid thru Paypal and there seems to be no problem.

iPhone Unlocker Pro was able to unlock my iPhone 4 in a matter of minutes and it wasn't all that complicated. Definitely recommended.

Same thing happened to me!! Its so unfair there needs to be more out there warning people about this site!

paypal ripped me off too

View more comments (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Paypal took money from my bank without my knowledge

Something happend with a client that used paypal. Paypal took the money out of accounts which that client paid including $800 directly from my bank account, plus $45 processing fee. When I got on the phone with them after much much drama and three way calling, they put the money back in my account minus $45 processing fee, and by the end of this whole deal, paypal took around $150 out of my money and I did nothing to them, nor did I know what was going on. They are a bank but they think they don't have to operate after the rules of the banks. I wish another program will get invented which I can use instead of this evil Paypal operation. I try to use it only when there is no other way. Paypal is evil, bad, I try to stay away from ever having to use it.

Trying to work out what's going on. Paypal transferred 100 dollars out of my bank account to my Paypal account.

The amount is still mine, it's just now with Paypal. I did not authorize them to to do this and am totally stumped as to the reasoning behind it.

My Paypal is set up to only take money when I buy stuff, and only then to pay for whatever it is I'm buying. This could have been a problem when it came to pay bills, they did it right at the beginning of the month.

they did this 3 times to me already

If this is true this is totally scary! Especially that they took money out of your bank account.

I had no idea they were authorized to do that without your consent.

The reason I started to use pay pal is so that only the amount in pay pal is at risk. I see it as a barrier to protect my bank account.

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California

PAYPAL invaded my privacy

I am a US citzen born here and have only left the country once for a wekend in Canada 10 years ago. I am newbie to Paypal and thought it legit; only to find out they can unilaterally freeze your account and invade your credit card and bank account and privacy and send Equifax after you and all of this , according to "Rick" in their service department, is their right via the Patriot Act. His statemnt that they can monitor your activity like any bank ( although we have never had such a privacy invasion from a bank in the 52 years we have lived here since birth ! ) and his rude attitude clearly demonstrates a company out of control. Please do not fall victim to these people by using Paypal or Ebay as you give up your identity to them and they are obviously distributing your private information.
Charlotte, North Carolina

PayPal.com Continues to Profit from Known Counterfeiters' Internet Sales

PayPal.com is obviously running one heck of a huge racket by profiting from internet sales (scams) by known counterfeiters. With ample evidence supplied to PayPal.com about counterfeiters using PayPal.com to victimize buyers who receive pirated, bootleg, copyright violating, inauthentic goods through USPS mail, PayPal.com knowingly continues to allow counterfeits to post their logo on such scammers' websites, especially Ioffer and Ebay. And why wouldn't they since their profits are enormous? PayPal.com does not honor section 13.5 of their user agreement under disputes: "If you lose a Significantly Not as Described Claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed)." This is not what PayPal.com's resolution center does to victimed buyers of counterfeit items! Instead, PayPal.com sets forth the condition requiring scammed buyers to illegally ship counterfeit items (evidence of number felonies) being investigated as US Mail Fraud, Internet Crimes, Copyright Violations, Violating the US Federal Trade Commission's 2006 US Safe Web Act amendments back to the counterfeiting seller! Not only is shipping counterfeit items via USPS a federal crime, but destroying evidence while federal investigations are underway is too. Shame on PayPal. Seems it is time to find an attorney who wants to get involved with a major lawsuit against PayPal since so many buyers have become victimed by PayPal.
ID
#220931 Review #220931 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Roanoke, Virginia

Paypal customer service and login nightmare

Sarah - PayPal : Hi. I'm Sarah, PayPal's automated customer support assistant. How can I help you today? You : don't know full bank account information - why the heck do you ask such *** questions for verification of security??? Sarah - PayPal : PayPal asks you to confirm your bank account or apply for a PayPal card to give your PayPal account a Verified status. This increases security within the PayPal community and limits the risk from fake identities. Completing the verification process gives you the following benefits: - More spending power: we remove your sending limit. - Greater confidence: buyers and sellers trust the verified status. - Added flexibility: you get more ways to pay. Would you like to become PayPal verified? -Yes -No You : I'm already verified. I am just trying to log in. Why do I have to re-verify just to log in??? Sarah - PayPal : PayPal members are asked to complete different verification processes to increase the security of their PayPal account. Would you like more information on why you should confirm your: -PayPal account -Bank -Credit card or debit card You : *** no. I just want to use my account. But I don't think I should have to carry my bank info everywhere I go or memorize my full account number to use your site. Why are you torturing your customers??? Sarah - PayPal : I'm afraid I didn't understand your question. Can you ask it more simply? You : Log me into my account! Is that simple enough? Sarah - PayPal : I'm about to repeat the same information. You can either see that information again or ask me a new question. You : Log me in. Log me in. Sarah - PayPal : I found the following information, which could be helpful. I can't log in to my account. My PayPal account is limited or restricted. You : I can't log in to my account. Sarah - PayPal : Would you like to: -Recover your login email -Recover your password -Access a restricted account You : human human human please Sarah - PayPal : I don't know exactly what you mean. Can you be a little more specific about the issue? You : get that *** look off your face, computer. I see what you are doing. You are going to test my patience until I break something in my home. I won't let you. Sarah - PayPal : I'm afraid I didn't understand your question. Can you ask it more simply? You : You are wasting my time, Paypal wench. Now get my account info Sarah - PayPal : I'm sorry I haven't been able to assist you. I'm a virtual agent, so I can't answer everything. If you'd like to try rephrasing your question, I'll do my best to try to answer. You : Do it! Do it now! Sarah - PayPal : You can update your account information on your Profile page. Here's how: 1. Log in to your PayPal account, using this link. 2. Click the appropriate link to adjust your account information. Before we continue, was the information I gave you helpful? -Yes, this was helpful -No, this was not helpful Sarah - PayPal : The page is opening in another window. You may need to log in to see it. I'm right here if you have any other questions. You : No, this was not helpful Sarah - PayPal : Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Sarah - PayPal : The page is opening in another window. You may need to log in to see it. I'm right here if you have any other questions.

i'm having the same problem

If you will verify your bank account when you are home, this whole thing is moot.

They do not require that information *to log in* - that process requires only username and password.

Washington, District Of Columbia
Paypal Account

PayPal cant speak english or help me with the scam on my acct

Someone hacked my ebay account and way ordering stuff and charging my paypal..I had a old bank account attached to my paypal since i hadnt updated it.. so it had like $5 in it. Anyway after I notified ebay and paypal that the acct had been hacked and I wanted the pending charged removed paypal said they couldnt help me. They couldnt remove the charges nor give me my money back and if my back acct. overdrafted, that it was my fault. So i had to transfer money from one acct to anoter to pay for someone elses stuff so I wouldnt overdraft. All pay pal told me is , I could add another bank acct or card to my account and they would charge that one after my bank account overdrafted. I could hardly understand any of this because these foregioners could barely speak english, so I dont think they can understand the problem of an overdrafting account. Horrible customer service. I asked to speak to her manager and he was even ruder.

yeah the people taking your calls don't know what bank acts are they keep all of their money in their pocket

Mason City, Iowa

Lets Kill Paypal and Ebay

Has PayPal placed a 21 Day or 180 Day Hold on ALL your funds out of the blue? Did you get the: "Get a Subpoena" reply when you asked why? ( If you were lucky enough to even GET a reply ) This is most likely the reason why you found my site, and I am here to tell you, that PayPal and eBay WILL be held accountable for this! On May 12th 2010, a Class Action Lawsuit WAS filed against PayPal and its sister company eBay for their acts of Holding YOUR money, without justification, reasonable cause to do such and without any explanation. You can view the Court Document by clicking Here Tens of thousands of people have been victimized, financially ruined and or choked out of business due to PayPal's "systematic and arbitrary" freezing of people's money, without cause, reason or explanation. The reasons for PayPal & eBay to due such, seem to be clear by those whom have fell victim to these 2 companies: Greed and Profits! Just think of all the INTEREST PayPal earns on victims money over the 180 Days they hold it! We're talking about MULTI-MILLIONS of Dollars, some of which is YOUR money, earning THOUSANDS of dollars DAILY for PayPal, while YOU suffer without! Then, when ( or if ) they decide to give you back your money after they generate interest off of it, they'll GLADLY keep the interest earned! ( And maybe give themselves a nice FAT raise while they're at it! ) If this infuriates you, as much as it does the rest of us, and you want to be part of the Class Action Lawsuit against these 2 "companies", just contact the Law Firm listed below to have your name added to the Lawsuit. Please mention the "LetsSuePayPal.com" website, as this is where it all began, and how the Class Action came to life. FREED & WEISS, LLC 1-86*-779-**** 702 347 **** http://www.freedweiss.com

I'd be most happy to see Paypal die.. they have stolen enough money from us, its time to do something.

I personally have fired them as my client. They renigged on their agreement to receive money for me and then give it to me, for a fee.

I've paid my fees, but they are keeping my money, and as long as they *** well want to. They are unethical liars.

GS_googleAddAdSenseService("ca-pub-572319****151024");

var infolink_pid = 65306;

var infolink_link_color = '0000FF';

Remember Me?

Forgot your password?

Home  »  Consumer Reviews  »  Pet Stores  »  Atlantic Sea Farms is a Scam!

#pc_review_sbottom_handler{display:none}

User Submitted Review

var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true, ui_cobrand: "Pissed Consumer"};

Review #:

2011-03-27

Total hits:

754

Comments:

Comments

function setImage(imgSrc){

document.getElementById('showImage').src=imgSrc;

}

Atlantic Sea Farms Complaint by Va Reef

Article Index

Page 2

You were reading a complaint about Atlantic Sea Farms.

Filing a new complaint about

.post_vote>.novote_sum').html(data.cnt);

}

//-->

Page 1 of 2These guys are nothing but a scam". They post ridiculous things on the internet trying to promote themselves but it is all a lie;. They have on multiple occasion’s posed as other people when they are getting truthful reviews trying to make themselves look better'. The owner is extremely shady and will lie to you at every turn|. Sometimes you get what you pay for and with Atlantic Sea Farms it is cheap for a reason'. They have multiple issues with their coral, fish, inverts and packaging|. They are moving to a new location and they are trying to revamp the business but they are also trying to sell their livestock out of a industrial location to the local public which is illegal, but that is for another conversation with the local authorities". They are not legitimate on any level, do not believe anything they say and look out for posts that only say good things posted by the people that are associated with them,. It is easy to spot because it is used over and over again. 104a1ec 0 3 0 Like this Dislike this Report spam var imName='/lib/pc-1px-gif.php?jos_article_id=229092'; document.write('');

GA_googleFillSlot("ArticleBeforeComment_468x60");

Comments (19)1. Written by Big *** on May 29, 2011 You must either have a little *** or be really short but best guess is both. Grow up...Report2. Written by concerned customer on May 23, 2011 What I find interesting is that all the cheerleaders are coming to this site all the sudden. I think that the original post might be right partially. This is just another example of a company who can’t take criticism. If you are in business you have to take in the bad and the good. If these are actually real people they are local which means #1 they did not get the items shipped to them, #2 they are not a good example to recognize because it is not shipped, #3 they were probably told to put up the reviews because the truth hurts.Report3. Written by Thomas on May 20, 2011 +1 on Jimmy always being a great retailer. You will find those hornets grow well also, I started with 3 from him 6 weeks ago before his move and now I have 17. TomReport4. Written by The Real Todd on May 20, 2011 Yeah, Jimi's new place is starting to come together nicely. Was in there with Ian today - picked up some Purple Hornets (thanks for the hook up man!). Ian was a little bummed that Brody wasn't there, but he was happy since all of Jimi's fish are like dogs anyway Report5. Written by Lee on May 20, 2011 Swung by Atlantic Sea Farms and saw Jimmy, place looks great, picked up some Zoos and an awesome candy cane. Thank you Jimmy.   He has a great setup, if you haven't been there you should swing by and take a look.  LeeReport6. Written by ole salty on May 20, 2011 stopped by the new place to day. looking good in there picked up a few sps today and will most likely be there again before the week is out. Great prices as usual.Report7. Written by michael on May 5, 2011 all corals were in bad shape out of 14 corals 2 made it poor quality will not order again cant even get ahold of to resolve out my $$$$$$$Report8. Written by Mike on April 30, 2011 I went to the new shop this weekend wow! I was amazed at how much much corals he had. Dont believe this *** posted on here its not true. If your skeptical go there in person and check it out. The person on here posting all this negative stuff is just someone whos obviously mad because there losing business to atlantic sea farms.Report9. Written by Dillon on April 21, 2011 I am not sure about the new place, but I did not care for the greenhouse. It was not really for customers in my opinion like what has been said here. I would suffice to say that even the new location probably is lackluster as well. People are going to be nice and tell him to his face it is nice but when the leave they are saying wow what a dump. If I were to measure0 to 10 the level of professionalism it would be a 6 or 7, the coral is a 5 to 6, the physical store a 3 to 4, the fish 4 to 5, filtration, 2 to 3, the rock 4 to 5 and I did not see any of the equipment so I cannot rate it but it is the same thing that anyone else can get so I guess it would be as good as the equipment out of the box is.Report10. Written by SPSguy on March 31, 2011 I like ASF but I will agree with some of the comments. It is small and nothing above ordinary. It is a great place to look around but don’t expect to find much in the way of high end corals. I am not sure if they sell fish but there was some there, again nothing special. The pricing is in line with some of the online people and cheap for the Hampton Roads area. I would say that it may be worth the trip and it will be a better experience than going to Reef Chief.Report function x () { return; } function ac_smilie(thesmile) { document.akocommentform.comment.value += " "+thesmile+" "; document.akocommentform.comment.focus(); } function validate(){ if (document.akocommentform.comment.value==''){ alert("Please insert at least a comment related to the topic!"); } else if (document.akocommentform.acname.value==''){ alert("Validate name"); }else { document.akocommentform.action = 'index.php/comment'; document.akocommentform.submit(); } }Comments on Atlantic Sea Farms is a Scam!• Keep the topic of messages relevant to the subject.• Personal attacks will be deleted.• No Links or Scripts.Name:Comment: Code:* I wish to be contacted by email regarding additional commentsPrev - Next >>

GA_googleFillSlot("ArticleAfterComment_468x60");

New Companies

Alliance InsuranceSerenity MassageTest PcResearch Chemicals UsaKing VwDmh MechanicalBettencourt Skin CenterFlower Delivery ExpressCorvette WorldHome Place FurnitureShow MepuppiesEmergency RestorationAlia Law CenterGalvanized PailKennyxuPtc ShopTeak WoodBark Park+All new companies ...

Featured Complaints

Top Secret Paint And CoatingsBandfieldThomasville FurnitureKathryn Fagan EnterprisesEdge Development SystemsAlia Law CenterWisdekRpmann22Shell VacationsOnce Upon A TeapupZurich InsuranceSecure WatchSouth Florida Private InvestigatorsApmexAmpexPublishers Clearing HouseWisdekPlay N TradeBest Choice Auto MarketPinnacle SecuritySnapon ToolsCaplawPrime Zero ProductionsPrime Zero ProductionsDrugstore.comSilverleaf ResortsSilverleaf ResortsCarousel MotorsPremier CareDatavo CommunicationsIntown SuitesMathis FurnitureMathis FurnitureUs AirwaysPricelineSafeco Insurance CompanyDish NetworkHarley DavidsonSaia Motor FreightAutomall CollectionCity University Of New YorkNationwide InsuranceSears Appliance RepairBig LotsPhilippine AirlinesHair ClubOreilly Auto PartsHobby LobbyTrinity EnterprisesJennairAttNetflixPearle VisionDr Lentz Family DentistryOne Stop MotorsChase BankJennifer ConvertiblesEsuranceStd CarriersVo Group LlcThomasville FurnitureIntlpriGary Nelson LeavenworthSearsAnthony SylvanPetcarerxFedexProfessional Marketing InternationalHouse Of BridesRusso MarineFirestone Complete Auto CareService Protection DirectScotts Bar And GrillFedexAllstate InsuranceFour Seasons SunroomsJcpenneyLowesWebwatcherDelta AirlinesSafecomcontrolMogiNfinity MedicalDepo EnergyFamily Adventures Rv RentalsGet RvTmobileHomefix CorporationFareportalBasic Car PartsKikker 5150Tj TimberSafelite Auto GlassCredit Enhancement ProBest TelApple TermiteGary A NelsonFalken TyresKristi IdolDaniels Carpeting And Upholstery CleaningFirestone Complete Auto CareOther CompanyMy Sauna StoreAutomall CollectionSaxon MortgageEpassporteUnited American Insurance CompanyDirect CapitalAntique TradersLiteroticaCrystal RiverBirgit HutchcroftCarmaxFirst HorizonCummings PropertiesService Protection DirectAig Insurance

var bobexample=new switchcontent("content", "div") //Limit scanning of switch contents to just "div" elements

bobexample.setStatus('', '')

bobexample.setColor('', '')

bobexample.setPersist(true)

bobexample.collapsePrevious(false) //Only one content open at any given time

bobexample.defaultExpanded(0,1,2,3,4)

bobexample.init()

GA_googleFillSlot("RightHand_Pos_2_300x250");

Recently Discussed

·Mcdonalds - 3 min agoAlways mess up my order·Comcast - 4 min agoI hate comcast·Invitation Processing - 5 min ago·NCO Financial Systems - 7 min agoNCO Financial - Fraud???·Bank Of America - 8 min agoBank of America Making Home Affordable Fraud

Most Active Users

SCOTTMjosmikliusifangphilade...hemi4x4...

Pissed Consumer on Facebook

GA_googleFillSlot("RightHand_Pos_1_160x600");

Hot Topics

·US AirwaysUS Airlines 2 Free Tickets worth $1400.00·Child Protective ServicesMy child removed from my home afte

Beijing, Beijing
Loss

PayPal has dominated merchants but won't allow account changes

We have not used PayPal since changing e-mail address and phone number and now we are 'permanently locked out'. After a frustrating entire day with P/P Customer (non)service, we ended up having to cancel the account because they can't change the e-mail and phone number (what?). They told us at one point that everything was changed and issued a code number that would finish the changes. It didn't work. They said that they would cancel the account and that we should open a new one. We tried to open a new account but P/P tells us that we are already registered with the NEW e-mail address (what?). Guess we won't be using any merchants demanding Pay (not your)Pal.
Placerville, California

PAYPAL NIGHTMARE

PayPal froze my funds for no reason. Then asked for a picture of my passport, social security card amd more. After I provided all of this for their ridiculous demands, they left my account frozen anyways. I was told I could still refund people who sent me money so I sent out refunds so they could return the money by check. But then paypal went on to take the money out of my bank account, in an unauthorized withdrawal. Now my bank is going to have to dispute the unauthorized charges PayPal made. The account staff at paypal are out of there minds.
Silver Spring, Maryland
$2000

Paypal limits every account

Hello, I have had literally over 50 paypal accounts over the years. My first account gets linked to some of them. Others have no reasonable explanation as to why it gets limited. It is not consistent in terms of how long it takes to get banned. Sometimes its after a day, other times it takes 6 months for them to ban it. I have tried many things, like taking out only a certain amount instead of the full amount. It's almost like the system goes "OH NO, they are taking their money out which means we will make less illegal interest oh noes!!!!!" So is there an algorithm? Is there a percentage or limit to the amount one should take out in order to not get limited?
Dayton, Ohio
$20000

Join our class action lawsuit against paypal

Have you been hurt by paypal? If so we want to hear from you We have started a class action lawsuit...We are looking for business owners that have been hurt by paypal's unfair practices Have you sold something online ...the customer received the product and put in a claim through paypal? You were out the money and the item? If so we do have help for you !! The attorney is ready and able...Tell us your horror story.Do you dislike paypal as much as we do? Contact us immediately...We are going to fight them email us at : joemarc@***.net

Believe me or not, I had this happen to me. I tried calling customer service but I think it was the wrong number.

I ended up talking to a security guard. http://www.stpsguards.com/service-details.php?service=10 He was willing and listened to my problems though and told me the right number to call.

What Paypal is doing is against Federal regulations electronic transfer Regulation E they not only should have a class action lawsuit but also have the federal government fine them for breaking the law. Tell your senator, congressman, bring it to them watch how an executive idea at the top gets an entire company in trouble, dumb and criminal.

I recently sold a waterproof camera case for $85 and Paypal is holding my funds for up to 21 days. I'm been using Paypal for 11 years but because I have no possitive feedbacks in the past 6 months, they have marked my account on hold.

It doesn't matter that I've got 100% possitive feedbacks.

I don't sell things on ebay for a living. Why is Paypal so connected to my transactions on eBay???

Yes, I need to join a class law suit against Paypal too. They held my funds for no reason.

They just want to take advantage of us. They do not pay interest on these funds.

They just use our money for free. They are crooks.

I was a huge fan of PayPal and had integrated PayPal into almost every portion of my business. We used them for virtually all credit card payments, online transfers, we even had several of our employees get PayPal accounts with PayPal debit cards and used PayPal to pay them like a payroll service.

I wish to assist in the lawsuite against them, this company that I thought at one time was so great sucks and deserves to be punished.

After years of using paypal with an astonishing reputation and no complaints paypal one day decided that my type of business (Computer Tech Support & Software Sales) was too risky and they no longer wished to do business with me.

I never cost PayPal money, to the contrary I made them tons of it. The very few customers from eBay sales that wished to cancel transactions (ususally buyers that didn't know what they bought or found one they thought was a better deal) got instant refunds.

I always kept my money in my PayPal account, I never had the balance transferred to my bank ever. At times my PayPal balance exceeded 10k and my PayPal debit card was probably my most used card ever.

None of the funds in my account at the time they decided I wasn't good enough for them anymore were funds eligible for disputes. They were transfers from vendors on Net30 accounts that were just paying their bill and did it as a "money owed" not a purchase. They were also transfers from PayPal balances, not from bank accounts, so there was no way they could dipute any of the funds at all. Even if they could, no one ever has, we just don't run that sort of company.

Now PayPal has decided they are keeping my money for a minimum of 180 days because they closed my account. They won't even tell me why they closed it, just that I pose a risk and they have decided not to continue business with me. Despite my doing nothing wrong and all my money being money that's not disputable, they are saying they are holding it in case I have any disputes.

@PissedConsumer308872

A very similar thing just happened to me. We were managing game servers and handling online transactions for coding, mapping and upgrading.

People who wanted to test there servers ability handle a load could purchase a stresser. This was decided to be a violation of paypal terms of service and they closed my account. Never was there a dispute or claim against me.

I started another business and opened another paypal account. It was instantly limitted due to me having the closed account.

I called and "Jay" understood the issue and unfroze my new account. I started doing business and paying people to code and set up my website. Paypal today closed my account. Apparently I can NEVER have a paypal account ever again.

They have frozen my account and will not return any of my funds for 180 days.

First of all they never provided any documentation for the closing of account number one. I feel I did nothing wrong.

Second, they allowed the second account that I was operating a business from then closed it forcing me to lose customers and my funds. Not to mention the people I owe money to and now need to figure out new means of payment.

I look forward to something to rival paypal and unseat them from their thrown.

I feel like they violated my trust in them for fair business practices.

Any suggestions?

I need to join this action as well. PayPal is so unbelievably dishonest and corrupt! There policies serve their business model perfectly, but totally screw over sellers in the process. They rely on a simple flow chart structured to make the process of recovering improperly deducted funds so unbearably complicated, time-consuming, and frustrating for sellers that the vast majority will fail to comply with one of their excessive (and intentionally costly) requirements, will miss a deadline (often at the fault of paypal's intentionally flawed web interface), or will simply give up to spare themselves the *** of dealing with all this ***.

Well, I am the one in ten-thousand who did manage to comply with all of their outrageous requirements and did not give up pursuing the issue through every available PayPal channel. Through this process, I have learned a great deal about how that dishonest company operates. Several of their delay tactics were successful on me, but I remained atient and pushed the issue to the bitter end. The inevitable result of paypal's unwinnable "haha, we've got your money" game is an invitation to sue them.

To any other sellers out there, I warn you that you have NO rights and NO protection with PayPal. In a dispute between buyer and seller, if the buyer demands a refund, PayPal will issue it no questions asked and there's nothing the seller can do to recover that loss.

Please let me know how to get involved in this lawsuit against this evil giant!

I need to join a lawsuit against paypal who has fraudulent held my funds for 180 days and destroyed my business. Can you please post any lawyer's contact information.

View more comments (7)