PayPal Reviews

Show reviews that mention
account money number phone card customer service email customer service bank
Filter review

Beware Paypal

A little over two years ago I had a paypal account, one day I logged into the account and saw that there was some unauthorized charges on there I attempted to contact them, within a few hour it had drained my bank account and kept going between the bank fees and the actual amounts I was 22,000 dollars in debt. Thankfully I was able to catch the problem and my bank has fraud protection. That was and will always be the last time I use paypal and/or Ebay-which owns paypal. Oh and after the incident paypal wanted me to enter my social security number to 'verify' myself, yeah right.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Product
Paypal Account

Paypal (Ebay) fraud via decisions, creating Law.

Paypal has made sellers reimburse buyers for damaged items when the buyer has not filled out claim forms for the shipping company. I believe that sellers don't mind reimbursing buyers if the buyer does what is required of any person receiving damaged goods from the shipper; that is to fill out claim forms supplied by the trucking company. How can a seller honestly and with good faith sign a claim from for something that he can't see? Paypal decisions need closer scrutiny by Paypal. I don't want to use paypal anymore and I am increasing my business.

i actually had a similar but different experience regarding a claim i placed with Paypal. I had ordered something off of Ebay which I received broken (it was a glass chandelier) I contacted the seller, which didnt want to work with me.

I contacted Paypal and filed a claim. I was told to return the item with a tracking number, which I did but not in the 10 day time frame I was given. (it was Christmas time) I sent it out in the 12th Day and received by the seller. Paypal then claims that because I didnt make the 10 day return deadline, it didnt matter whether or not I sent it back, I am no longer entitled to a refund.

I spoke to a manager and she told me the same. So I am out the money for the chandelier and shipping that I paid for twice.

Thanks a lot Paypal for helping out a member thats been with you since 2000. :cry

That's because Paypal is Ebay's affiliate company. Neither of them give a rat's ***, particularly towards a smaller honest seller.

They are a Power Seller forum and ONLY cater to power sellers. They want all other sellers off their site so they can run thier scams with no competition. Sellers have no rights whatsoever on Ebay. Paypal is affiliated with Ebay, therefore, they are as responsible for the scam operations they create and will not protect smaller sellers at all.

This is something you have to report to government agencies. They are hot on eBays trail. The government knows what's going on and Ebay's days are numbered. I hope they snag Paypal as well because they are affiliated and they work together in unison.

Yes it does suck! I'm going to throw a pary when eBay goes down for fraud.

View more comments (1)
Albany, New York

Paypal - ever seen the movie Rainmaker??

Paypal is handy until you come across an unhappy customer (Ebay). There are a few loopholes that most people are NOT aware of. #1: You MUST ship with a tracking number or USPS Delivery Confirmation number, this is the first thing you are required to supply to Paypal should a claim be opened against you. It does NOT matter the papertrail you have proving it was shipped if you do not have this information. #2: Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same company but NEITHER side has a clue what the other side is up to. Most Paypal employees are only as educated to what is on their computer screen at the time and NEVER take a reps' word that they are noting something on your account. #3: Even with a tracking number/ Delivery Confirmation number, if your purchase totals more than +$250 you have to HAVE signature confirmation. - It is a nightmare. I shipped with UPS a lot of mostly brand new with tags little girl's clothing. It arrived, my buyer posted positive feedback and even emailed to comment about what a "great buy" they got and how "happy" they were with their purchase... almost a week later they email saying their items had a strong "pesticide" odor and want a refund. The only thing that "smelled" was this Ebayer's story, so I offered to help them file a UPS insurance claim, and as expected they declined. Case closed I thought until I got an email about a Paypal claim. I had all my ducks in a row, insured, tracking number, the Paypal "claim" was closed in my favor, but still my account was frozen because THEY PAID BY CREDIT CARD AND FILED A "PAYPAL CHARGEBACK". So again the ENTIRE transaction was again yanked out of my account and my account was in the negative - I received the "threat of fixing this negative balance or else" email. I phoned Paypal and was told to ignore it, I was told the "credit card company is like a school bully with lunch money, that [Paypal] is required to hand it over until the investigation is through". That was a direct quote from a Paypal supervisor. It took every bit of their 120 (BUSINESS) days timeframe to get this settled and IT ONLY WAS SETTLED IN MY FAVOR because I didn't back down and was on the phone (friendly though) at least once a week.
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Stole money my Bank after ordering them not to.

I was buying something , Trying to pay with Paypal, It took money from my bank $1600.00, Insuficant funds, Was supposd to come from Credit Card, Bank didn't honor. I Checked IP Address, was suppost to go to China, was being sent to California, I called Paypal told them it was a scammer, They said they would hold my funds Till they recieved a Tracking Number and My Signature after I verified the shipment with the UPS driver Present, the delivery one LN52A650 Samsung HDTV USA Model with all warranties, so I placed $1600.00 in Bank , and Paypal immediatly sent the money anyway,5-11-2008 no tv yet.I emailed and told them over 20 times not to send any funds till I recieve the package, They have different answers depending on who you talk to.I was in contact with Paypal executive fraud department, Still no satifaction, so I got a Stop Payment from the bank going on now, I never realized how BAD Paypal is and I have over 200 positive feedback with no netural or Negative, they do whatever the can to get you money, such as making paying by Credit Card BOX look like you can't Check it, anything they can to get your money, Guess what Ebay owns them. So Be Very Carful With Paypal, For They Will Get You If They Can.

DO NOT spend over 10.00$ on anything on e-bay. They (also PayPal) are ripoff artists. If you do, good luck you'll need it.

Norwich, Connecticut

Paypal steals your money

PLEASE NEVER JOIN PAYPAL, you will be doing yourself a great favor. Paypal service center is the worst I have been in contact with. Nobody is resourceful, they treat you the way they want, one cannot talk to one of their supervisors, they charge for freaking investigations they perform. Please spread the word. All I wanted was to be heard as a customer and they laught at me. I would love to get an email of their top executives to see if this if just customer service, or if it is a general organizational culture. PAYPAL if you keep doing this, all these customers will fight to get you shut down.

Yes indeed pay pal has stolen my money too. Thes Paypal/ebay ***'s are making a wealthy living.

we sell our goods and they profit the money never again. I wish there would be an invesgtigation launched :(

View more comments (1)
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Loss

PayPal stole $75 from me.

I sold an item on Ebay.com. Auction terms clearly stated "as is" and "final sale". As per ebay's tos, bidding implies compliance by the buyer. Buyer decided he wanted to return the item after receipt; I declined. Buyer instigated complaint with Paypal, who didn't do any research whatsoever and decided to debit my account and give my money to the buyer ($75). Paypal's email states that this has left my paypal account $75 in the negative and they intend to debit my personal checking account to retrieve the funds. I wrote them and expressly stated that they are NOT authorized to do so. Their email stated that if they could not retrieve the funds, they will send me to collections and damage my credit.
Richmond, Virginia

PayPal held my money for 3 weeks after sale

PayPal held my money for 3 weeks after the sale of an item I sold on Ebay. PayPal gave me the run-around on 3 different times. So I filed a complaint with the State Attorney General Office where PayPal is located. I got my money in short order after that! PayPal is owned by Ebay and they had better get their act together real soon or a lot of people across the country are going to have bumper stickers that tell the whole story about Ebay and PayPal. It will not good public relations for Ebay or PayPal. That may become a fact!!!

I have sold items on ebay 3 weeks ago,sent out the packages to buyers they have recieved there items and i'am still waiting for my money from paypal.I have never had this problem before.

I like to know what the *** is going on it very dissappointing I sell to have money to live on.I could starve to death waiting.is paypal drawing interest on our money???

I ready to say the *** with selling items on ebay..

PAY PAL HELD MY MONEY FOR 10 DAYS WITH NO EXPLANATION!!! I HAD TO CALL SEVERAL TIMES AND THREATEN CONTACTING THE STAE ATTORNEY GENERAL!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! LAST I CHECKED, THE MONEY FROM EBAY SALES IS OURS. NOT EBAYS, OR PAY PALS IN ANY WAY. THEY ARE FRAUDS.

I WILL NEVER USE PAY PAL FOR ANY OF MY AUCTIONS AGAIN!!!!!!! WORST MONEY EXPERIENCE EVER.

THE ONLY REASON THEY GAVE WAS EBAY HAS CONTROL OVER PAYPAL FUNDS AFTER A SALE. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS, FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY ACCEPT CHECK OF MONEY ORDER.

You didn't say for what reason PayPal held your money?

I have a hard time believing you just contacted your SAG and walla!

I actually had a similar situation with PayPal, but it was because the buyer tried to pull a scam and complained about the timing. PayPal investigated what they consider reasonable/unreasonable time frame.

We stated on our shipping info that the "item would ship within 3 business days of auction end and payment received" The buyer tried to say that they would RECEIVE the item in the 3 days.

PayPal took 3 weeks to investigate the complaint, and obtain the documents proving we did not violate anything. From auction end to the buyers' door was a total of 7 days

As for the buyer? We emailed and emailed and called and called during the investigation to ask what happened? The buyer maintained silence... When the money was turned in our favor 3 weeks later, they went WILD telling us we sold them a broken item, we didn't get it to them in 3 days it was 7 so we were "frauds"... so on and so forth...

So again? Why was your money withheld?

View more comments (2)
Las Vegas, Nevada

Paypal sucks, customer service are idiots

I was selling on ebay and using paypal for several years, I mainly sell during the holiday season. On Dec 10, 2007 I sold an item that sold for $25.00 I promptly shipped out an got a tracking number, I keep all receipts, tracking numbers on file for problems that do occur during shipping. Two weeks later the item was returned back to me with "return to sender, no such address" stamped on it, I called pay-pal to inform them of this situation, they told me to fax in the reciept, a copy of the tracking number and a copy of the package to them for their investigation. I contacted the buyer and explaind the problem and he wanted me to reship the item at my expense to the same address, I told him that i WOULDN'T because think about it if it was returned once it would be returned again. The buyer made a claim on no shipment, so I called pay-pal again to remind them that they aready had all the information about this issue, they told me that there will not be problems on this and they will get me the right address and they will make the buyer repay for shipment. Two weeks later no response from pay-pal, I noticed that the money for the item was refunded, I contacted pay-pal they informed me that they rulled infavor of the buyer "because the buyer never received the item" I again informed them that they already had all the documentation from the shipment, they kept on saying "well the buyer never received the item" I asked them about the seller protection they again told me "the buyer never recieved they item" Two months later pay-pal's collection service called me told me that I was $62.00 past due and they wanted the money. I refused to pay. Called pay-pal spoke with 2 of their senior reps, they informed me that my account was charged twice for this and that my account was past due and thats why they were calling me to collect, so I asked them why when my account already had a chargeback for the item they kept on telling me that the buyer never recieved the item and the buyer received the money for the chargeback. Hum what happened to the money I asked, they could never explain!!!! simple math would tell you $25.00+$25.00 does not equal to $62.00 wheres the money at???? Oviously no one there knows either, why did I double charged for a chargeback and what happened to $12.00???? No one knows, no one can anwer any questiions, and no one cares.

Just contacted PAY PAL NON CUSTOMER SERVICE

3-11-2010, got Chris in the Phillipines, couldn't understand a word she was saying, asked for a supervisor, got Paolo, couldn't HEAR or UNDERSTAND him, when I asked where he was located he got defensive, and asked why? I told him that was still a legal question to ask in the USA...he said Omah...I asked where in the Phillipines that was...he told me to look it up on a MAP!!!

Now we pay these big conglomerates to get NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and to be INSULTED by ***'s off shore!

NICE! NEVER got my question answered, and EBAY doesn't care...HATE THEM & Pay Pal

Chattanooga, Tennessee

PayPal Has a One way policy

Reading the hundreds of complaints about PayPal, I soon realized that I was not alone! We use PayPal as merchant account and payment method for our Ebay Store. We pay them very good commission and they everything was fine until we received our first dispute. Customer filed it after 4 weeks of having the products and we could not take the merchandise back. This was clear in our policies that customer agreed to. Here are few blurbs of what PayPal friendly staff had to say: " Your policies don't mean a thing" " It takes 4-6 weeks to resolve" " You agreed to our terms when you signed up" Paypal put a hold on the funds, when they did not find them on the PayPal account, they reached to our Amex card! We filed a charge back against them, they were pissed! The following day, they froze our account and made us verify it again! 6 steps of verifiecation. We felt that were spanked! They certainly on a one way street, all they care about is PayPal and their funds. Our policies don't mean anything, yet theirs do? We asked to be reimbursed for the PayPal monthly fee while we could not use the service. Guess what, they refused. It is in their "policy". In summary, we are closing our merchant account, we are happy with Google checkout, simply put, PayPal will rob your money if you are not careful. Cheers.. PS: Vote with your feet! walk away!
Boston, Massachusetts

Beware of PayPal

Beware of Paypal. I made a sale and accepted payment through PayPal. The sale was in July, Thanksgiving weekend PayPal refunded the customers money. I was never asked, nor did I authorize a return. The customer refused to pay his credit card, so they gave paypal a chargeback. Paypal then gave me the chargeback. I was not aware of anything, nor did I authorize any refund. I now owe Paypal the money from the sale, and I don't have my merchandise. They don't even want to help get the merchandise back. Paypal advised for me to sue the buyer to get my merchandise back.
Reston, Virginia

PAYPAL refuses to mediate with supplier

Seller does not delivers product purchased. PAYPAL refuses to mediate the claim stating is a "similar product" dispute. Paypal claims that will ONLY mediate cases in which "product" was not delivered.. Seller promised to send phone unblocking code and instead sends some instructions to download software from some server to generate code locally at your own risk... Seller agrees to send unblocking code when "sees" error but never does. Paypal is encouraging unscrupulous merchants to fraud their customers with their "hands-off" policy. Paypal never bothered in reading emails exchanged nor event summary provided. UNLESS you select the product NOT delivered option box in your claim form, the dispute will be denied!!
Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro

Worst customer service

I spent the last 30 minutes with Paypal on the phone, only to have nothing resolved. Both the first agent I spoke to, AND her manager, were unresponsive, unsympathetic, and could care less. They placed all blame on the merchant, even though the holiday deal that I was disputing about was a joint deal between PayPal AND the merchant. Both the merchant AND PayPal kept the promotion on their websites through the holidays, yet the cut off for the promotion ended on December 3rd. There were no announcements and nothing on their sites that indicated the deal ended. When I called PayPay, both agents that I spoke to were dead ends that offered no alternatives. They were neither sorry or helpful, and the 'manager' put me on mute and hold while I spoke to him. I have never spoke to anyone so unresponsive and blatantly ignoring the customer. If I can help it, I will never pay for anything with PayPal again.

I completely agree. I just spoke to paypal about resolving a dispute on my account, and I could not supply information to them concerning a credit card number because I had cancelled the credit card and could not get old statements from american express.

Their response: create a new email address and create a new paypal account from scratch. IS THAT A JOKE?

If I could help it, I would never use pay pal again. Unfortunate that they have an effective monopoly on ebay.

Olympia, Washington
Service
Paypal Customer Care

Pay pal is not my pal

I won an item on e-bay that required a paypal account. I opened one and went to send the payment to ebay but paypal would not release it...there is nothing wrong w/my bank account but the money for the ebay item literally sat in paypal all the while my seller emailed me asking why it was taking so long. i contacted ebay and they sent me back to paypal. then paypal said there was no item on ebay to pay for and this *** went on and on for 2 weeks. paypal still has the money sitting in their account and i go to close it and they wont close it for me. they claim to be easy to work with and all ive gotten in a runaround. ***.....
New Haven, Connecticut
Loss

PayPals intransigence in helping a customer

I have 2 homes, one in GA. & one in AZ. I bought some memory from E-bay(paynow). xtremeram@***.com When I clicked on pay now (I have a 100% pay record for 7 years) it took me to PayPal which refused to ship to my winter address(AZ.) So my order was refused, even though they had shipped only last month, an item to me here in AZ. I keep my bank and billing address always 20+ years in GA. I am only here, in my winter home for about 5 months. I have my American Express card showing both addresses, as well as a cell phone that works anywhere in the world. But paypal would not call the seller or E-bay to help me. The seller is from somewhere other than here,his English is broken, and confusing. I called E-bay who said , call paypal, I emailed 6 emails to the seller, who was rude and ignorant. I will not use either E-bay or PayPal again. Stay away from xtremeram@***.com he is both stupid and can not understand the English Language. crsb
San Jose, California

Just spent 15 minutes on the phone with PayPal...

And they couldn't even pull up my account! I can't believe this. They asked for my phone number and email address 3 times. All of the information I supplied I had up in front of me FROM my account,so it was not an error on my part. They had me on hold for about 10 of those 15 minutes and still couldn't bring up my account. What the ***? I hung up after that. I figured if they can't bring my account up in 15 minutes, there's no way they're going to be able to help me with my problem. I'd had a similar experience before. PayPal customer service sucks.
#52058

Thank you for developing a product that I had no idea would literally

> change the way I do business. Without the NE2000 I would have already

> install another T1 and still would have to throw bandwidth and money

> at my customers and still not know why my response times and general browsing was slow.

I have satellite internet and it works fine during off peak hours (5 pm til 12am) then iit really slows down. Ideal stats are 1.5mbps down and maybe 70kbps upload (that sounds slow to me).

I emailed Cobalt and they said they have one plan (49.00) (which is 40.oo cheaper than my satellite, that averages 1.0-mbps both ways upload and download. This is the first time I've heard of that and was wondering if they haven't got there act together and improved their service. They offer a 30 day no questions asked refund if you aren't perfectly happy. But after reading some of these reviews I'm a little hesitant.

There's a little old lady down the street that I'm hoping will let me drive her computer around the block so I can see how cobalt really works before I get into something that sounds like it could be hard to get out of. I wished I would of read more good reviews but it seemed like most of them were negative.

Charles, before making statements about which you obviously know nothing, you should know that it is a violation of federal law to make terroristic statements threatening the life of another. You should take a moment to look at www.theSPECnet.com; specifically our Mission Statement and support policy. We take pride in what we do and our quality of service reflects that. We have a hyperlink, DSL Reports which can be accessed under the Support Policy Tab, where we encourage our customers to voice their opinions.

We provide internet connectivity at a reasonable price while providing a high level of customer service. We have been in business 13 months and have taken 24 service calls during this time, just another fact regarding our level of service.

Sincerely, Ken