Show reviews that mention
account money number service phone customer card customer service email bank
Filter review

PAYPAL NIGHTMARE

PayPal froze my funds for no reason. Then asked for a picture of my passport, social security card amd more. After I provided all of this for their ridiculous demands, they left my account frozen anyways. I was told I could still refund people who sent me money so I sent out refunds so they could return the money by check. But then paypal went on to take the money out of my bank account, in an unauthorized withdrawal. Now my bank is going to have to dispute the unauthorized charges PayPal made. The account staff at paypal are out of there minds.
Silver Spring, Maryland
$2000

Paypal limits every account

Hello, I have had literally over 50 paypal accounts over the years. My first account gets linked to some of them. Others have no reasonable explanation as to why it gets limited. It is not consistent in terms of how long it takes to get banned. Sometimes its after a day, other times it takes 6 months for them to ban it. I have tried many things, like taking out only a certain amount instead of the full amount. It's almost like the system goes "OH NO, they are taking their money out which means we will make less illegal interest oh noes!!!!!" So is there an algorithm? Is there a percentage or limit to the amount one should take out in order to not get limited?
Dayton, Ohio
$20000

Join our class action lawsuit against paypal

Have you been hurt by paypal? If so we want to hear from you We have started a class action lawsuit...We are looking for business owners that have been hurt by paypal's unfair practices Have you sold something online ...the customer received the product and put in a claim through paypal? You were out the money and the item? If so we do have help for you !! The attorney is ready and able...Tell us your horror story.Do you dislike paypal as much as we do? Contact us immediately...We are going to fight them email us at : joemarc@***.net

Believe me or not, I had this happen to me. I tried calling customer service but I think it was the wrong number.

I ended up talking to a security guard. http://www.stpsguards.com/service-details.php?service=10 He was willing and listened to my problems though and told me the right number to call.

What Paypal is doing is against Federal regulations electronic transfer Regulation E they not only should have a class action lawsuit but also have the federal government fine them for breaking the law. Tell your senator, congressman, bring it to them watch how an executive idea at the top gets an entire company in trouble, dumb and criminal.

I recently sold a waterproof camera case for $85 and Paypal is holding my funds for up to 21 days. I'm been using Paypal for 11 years but because I have no possitive feedbacks in the past 6 months, they have marked my account on hold.

It doesn't matter that I've got 100% possitive feedbacks.

I don't sell things on ebay for a living. Why is Paypal so connected to my transactions on eBay???

Yes, I need to join a class law suit against Paypal too. They held my funds for no reason.

They just want to take advantage of us. They do not pay interest on these funds.

They just use our money for free. They are crooks.

I was a huge fan of PayPal and had integrated PayPal into almost every portion of my business. We used them for virtually all credit card payments, online transfers, we even had several of our employees get PayPal accounts with PayPal debit cards and used PayPal to pay them like a payroll service.

I wish to assist in the lawsuite against them, this company that I thought at one time was so great sucks and deserves to be punished.

After years of using paypal with an astonishing reputation and no complaints paypal one day decided that my type of business (Computer Tech Support & Software Sales) was too risky and they no longer wished to do business with me.

I never cost PayPal money, to the contrary I made them tons of it. The very few customers from eBay sales that wished to cancel transactions (ususally buyers that didn't know what they bought or found one they thought was a better deal) got instant refunds.

I always kept my money in my PayPal account, I never had the balance transferred to my bank ever. At times my PayPal balance exceeded 10k and my PayPal debit card was probably my most used card ever.

None of the funds in my account at the time they decided I wasn't good enough for them anymore were funds eligible for disputes. They were transfers from vendors on Net30 accounts that were just paying their bill and did it as a "money owed" not a purchase. They were also transfers from PayPal balances, not from bank accounts, so there was no way they could dipute any of the funds at all. Even if they could, no one ever has, we just don't run that sort of company.

Now PayPal has decided they are keeping my money for a minimum of 180 days because they closed my account. They won't even tell me why they closed it, just that I pose a risk and they have decided not to continue business with me. Despite my doing nothing wrong and all my money being money that's not disputable, they are saying they are holding it in case I have any disputes.

@PissedConsumer308872

A very similar thing just happened to me. We were managing game servers and handling online transactions for coding, mapping and upgrading.

People who wanted to test there servers ability handle a load could purchase a stresser. This was decided to be a violation of paypal terms of service and they closed my account. Never was there a dispute or claim against me.

I started another business and opened another paypal account. It was instantly limitted due to me having the closed account.

I called and "Jay" understood the issue and unfroze my new account. I started doing business and paying people to code and set up my website. Paypal today closed my account. Apparently I can NEVER have a paypal account ever again.

They have frozen my account and will not return any of my funds for 180 days.

First of all they never provided any documentation for the closing of account number one. I feel I did nothing wrong.

Second, they allowed the second account that I was operating a business from then closed it forcing me to lose customers and my funds. Not to mention the people I owe money to and now need to figure out new means of payment.

I look forward to something to rival paypal and unseat them from their thrown.

I feel like they violated my trust in them for fair business practices.

Any suggestions?

I need to join this action as well. PayPal is so unbelievably dishonest and corrupt! There policies serve their business model perfectly, but totally screw over sellers in the process. They rely on a simple flow chart structured to make the process of recovering improperly deducted funds so unbearably complicated, time-consuming, and frustrating for sellers that the vast majority will fail to comply with one of their excessive (and intentionally costly) requirements, will miss a deadline (often at the fault of paypal's intentionally flawed web interface), or will simply give up to spare themselves the *** of dealing with all this ***.

Well, I am the one in ten-thousand who did manage to comply with all of their outrageous requirements and did not give up pursuing the issue through every available PayPal channel. Through this process, I have learned a great deal about how that dishonest company operates. Several of their delay tactics were successful on me, but I remained atient and pushed the issue to the bitter end. The inevitable result of paypal's unwinnable "haha, we've got your money" game is an invitation to sue them.

To any other sellers out there, I warn you that you have NO rights and NO protection with PayPal. In a dispute between buyer and seller, if the buyer demands a refund, PayPal will issue it no questions asked and there's nothing the seller can do to recover that loss.

Please let me know how to get involved in this lawsuit against this evil giant!

I need to join a lawsuit against paypal who has fraudulent held my funds for 180 days and destroyed my business. Can you please post any lawyer's contact information.

View more comments (7)
Los Angeles, California

PayPal has unethically seized MY money.

PayPal – The Grinch that stole Christmas Jim ...., of .........., TN, had been collecting gold and silver coins – for fun and as a hedge against inflation – for decades. When the 88 year old former WW II army veterinarian had to be admitted into a Veteran's home in ............., TN last year he decided to sell off his collection – since gold and silver prices were skyrocketing -to supplement his social security and military disability income. After about a month of successful selling, Scrooge showed up. PayPal decided that Dr. ....... was making too much money. When he was unable to provide the documents of coin sales that had happened decades earlier, PayPal decided to act as judge, jury, and executioner. For months now, PayPal has denied access to Dr. ...... to thousands of dollars of his own money – simply because they have decided that he was doing something wrong. The only thing he has done wrong was to have faith in this dishonest (ever heard of "˜innocent until proven guilty' PayPal?) on-line "˜service'. PayPal, why don't you do the right thing and stop "˜stealing' money from 88 year old World War II veterans?!

PayPal will steal all your money from your account and take more money out of your personal checking account that you gave them access to. If you are a fool like me, then trust PayPal with all your money and when they steel it wait 180 days to get it back or more. Then hire an attorney to be added to all the class action law suits again PayPal.

Knoxville, Tennessee

Paypal is illegally holding my money for 180 days

I recently opened a new account with Paypal and 2 days later Paypal decided to close my account due to it being linked to another account. This is my one and only account that I have. I recently sold a handbag on paypal and they are holding the money that I would have gotten for the sale for 180 days which is illegal. I cannot understand why this is happening. Can I file a complaint against Paypal to get my money back. Why does Paypal have to limit innocent people's accounts. Do they side with the buyers instead of the sellers.

Paypal does this. You need to verify the account.

Also, they suspect you're selling fake goods. Call them.

Atlanta, Georgia

PAYPAL Poor Policies and Service

What I am about to tell you occurred on April 30th 2010. I applied for a Paypal Debit Card not too long before this incident. Something happened and if I remember correctly I was unable to complete a part of the form. When I talked to a Customer Service Agent regarding the trouble it resulted in my account being limited. Understandable right? They want proof of I.D. to make sure I'm legit, right?This resulted in scrambling for these proofs and numerous calls to paypal's customer service. A few of these proofs at and I admit it was my fault was submitted wrong (blurry, wrong form of a certain proof) Ok, they eventually got all the proofs needed and in proper vivid form. They got what they wanted and my account should be restored right? WRONG! Paypal then decided they no longer wanted to do business with me. I found this out from a very rude and snotty *** of an agent. I demanded to be put on the phone with someone of higher authority than Snooty McStickupthetwat only to be told and in a never ending condescending and rude tone that "The decision is final" and "The people who decided do not talk to anyone." What in the flying ***? I gave them what they wanted and one guy who said it was because of the improper submitted forms understood when I told him another said it was fine if I submitted them correctly. Thus ensues multiple increasingly pissed off calls to find out answers and try and reverse this "Final decision"I then find out it was because I have no credit. They could not find anything on me on any credit score sources. I did not have a job at the time and I have never used a credit card before. This Paypal thought was a good reason to close my account despite no issues in the past. I then find out my paypal balance (Approx $200) Your PayPal Debit Card application has been denied as we were not able toconfirm your identity using the information you provided. In accordance with our User Agreement, any funds in your PayPal accountbalance may be held up to 180 days from the date the limitation was placedon your account. The balance is held to cover any disputes that may befiled against the account. If any funds remain after the 180 day period,you will be notified via email with information on how to receive theremaining funds. Sincerely,NikkiPayPal Compliance DepartmentPayPal, an eBay Company cue my mom, also angry from this *** poor treatment threatening to go on the news and sue paypal unless they let my money go. I had done nothing wrong, complied with their demands for proof and they treated me like a grand larcenist The final guy spoken to said the money would be released in 30 days and Paypal no longer wanted by business. At least an hour later I get an email saying "Your Account has been restored" Final decision my ***! And 2 more emails telling me my account has been updated and the limitations have been lifted. The funds still got transferred to my bank account. Oh well. Thus on May 3rd my account was back to normal. In conclusion this poor treatment, rude service and in general dicking me around when I did nothing wrong is the reason for this review/complaint of Paypal's services. They may have restored my account and everything may peachy but, I was never given an apology.
ID
#206448 Review #206448 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Schenectady, New York
Paypal Account

Paypal Should Be Closed Down by the Govt.

I'm a professional writer. Signed up for a paid writing site. Did the work. They sent payment to Paypal, where I could then transfer to my account. Signed up for Paypal. Sign up process was like pulling teeth. They would not let me sign up without linking my Paypal account to my debit card (I don't use CCDs), contrary to the fact that the writing company said that I would be able to sign up without linking to my debit card or bank account, which is not true (if u ask why I wanted to do this, it's because I didn't want my account info online or on some computer, and would rather enter it into a shopping-cart type program when the time came to download my pay). Paypal immediately debited my bank account 1.00, which I did not authorize, and did not tell me what it was for, nor did they tell me they were going to do it (we're back to why I didn't want my account info out there). Then they said they would 'add a few pennies to my account over the next few days' in order to "verify" my account, whatever that means. I wrote back and then called "customer service" to let them know that I was in fact verifying my own account, since I can look at it and verify that the 1.00 had been taken out. They gave me a hard time about that. I did eventually get my pay but I had to wait a week---and for what? the money was already in Paypal's accounts, I verified the account on Day 1, and still had to wait. I then wrote a lengthy letter to both of my U.S. Senators as well as my U.S. Representative asking for a serious Congressional investigation of Paypal, in light of my experiences and the experiences of those who have experienced it much worse than me. I suggest everyone else do the same.
ID
#206008 Review #206008 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Metairie, Louisiana

NO help from PayPal for refund from NAS1 LTD. Never received the product.

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL, THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU WITH REFUNDS BUT THEY WILL COLLECT THEIR FEE!! AND DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH A FOREIGN COMPANY NAMED NAS1 LTD. I am disappointed in PayPal and NAS1. I placed an order with NAS1 LTD on 8/1/10 and as of today 10/28/10 I never received the product. I contacted PayPal several weeks ago and they told me there was nothing they could do. I went through PayPal because NAS1 is in a foreign country. I have ordered from them before and I have received 2 out of 4 orders. I went through Gmail on my last order and received a refund. However, PayPal service rep said she would email NAS1 and attempt to get the product or refund for me. I ask her when would she do this and to forward me a copy of the email so that I could forward it to credit card company as proof of an effort for a refund. She said she would. It's been more than 3 weeks and there was never an email sent. When I finally contacted my cc company, they said PayPal always tell people that there is nothing they can do. But if you look on your cc bill you will see billed by PayPal and the company. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL!!
ID
#204671 Review #204671 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Pay Pal is full of ***!!!!!!!

I buy items all of the time off of E-bay. I recently became a seller and in selling the items Pay Pal will hold the funds for 21 days in case a customer complains about the items they purchased from you. okay, you would think that this is a cool safeguard. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay....then why have they already released the money that I paid out to a seller for items purchased and I've filed a complaint that the item was TOTALLY FRAUDULENT. I received an e-mail stating that it was nothing else that could be done and to contact the seller. Wow.....I thought that was the purpose of contacting Pay Pal directly because the seller won't return any e-mails.
ID
#201710 Review #201710 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Springfield, Illinois

Robbed ebay

PayPal / ebay Resolution Departments Reference / ebay Resolution Case # 500374**** Andre Tucker bid on an amp that I had placed for auction, and paid for it on August 8th. My ebay page states that I will ship orders within five days. I packaged and shipped the amp on August 13th. There were several communications from Mr. Tucker asking when and how the amp would be shipped, and one letter dated August 12th, asking if the amp could be hooked up to his three way speakers. I spoke to the buyer by phone on the 13th of August at 3:23 P.M. I advised him that the amp had been shipped via parcel post. On the 24th Mr. Tucker had not received the amp, and he demanded a refund. I reminded him that I had shipped the amp on the 13th, within the time frame my ebay page outlines. I provided him with a tracking number and information from the post office indicating that package was still in transit. I communicated that I was surprised that delivery was taking so long, but clearly it was out of my hands. Mr. Tucker wrote back that he did not want the amp, and that if he received it he would return it to me. In spite of being able to see from the post office tracking information that the package had been shipped on the 13th, he insisted that I was not telling the truth. Mr. Tucker opened a case with the ebay Resolution Center on the 24th; Case # 500374****. The Resolution Center urged me to respond by August 31st. The next day, without allowing me time to respond to the case, ebay issued a refund to Mr. Tucker for the amount of $62.95. If a resolution representative had reveiwed the communications between Mr. Tucker and me, they would have seen that the amp was in transit, and that any delay in receipt was not caused by me. The amp was delivered to the customer on the 27th of August. Because of ebay's rapid refund to Mr. Tucker, in spite of evidence that the order was in transit and due for delivery within a short time, my PayPal account was debited for $65.08. A fee of $2.13 cents was charged. I have not seen a fee for this type of transaction in the past. In summary: Mr. Tucker is now in possession of the amp he ordered, as well as a full refund. I, on the otherhand, have no amp, and $65.08 less in my PayPal account. ebay's decision to side with the buyer and completely disregard my rights as a seller, indicates a low level of professionalism. It is inconceivable to me that ebay would refund money to Mr. Tucker without closely examining the details of the case, and without first insuring that my amp was returned to me. This is a clear of case of a buyer changing his mind after an auction. ebay's actions indicate that they are willing to side with fickle buyers, and unwilling to support their sellers. The ebay commitment to good service should not be one sided. I want my merchandise returned to me in the condition in which it was shipped, and the amount of $65.08 credited to my PayPal account. I can be reached at (845) 656-****. Frank Marcello
ID
#196579 Review #196579 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bronx, New York
Paypal Account

Walmart uses Paypal. Paypal uses deception.

I went online to purchase a portable tv from Walmart. At check out I was diverted to Paypal. I have paypal for nine years. Paypal uses as a default ATM instead of visa or credit card. I made that mistake before so I pay attention when using Paypal. The only time I use ATM is when I do business with China. The want me to use ATM instead of visa as it is costly. So when making the Walmart purchase a I over-rode the default and selected VISA. What a shock when I noted the next day they took the $137.41 from my Atm, depleting it plus. It cost me $10 for overdraft protection and $ 35 because I did not have enough in savings. Paypal has pissed me off. if I were not a good Christian I would look for a way to get even, so this will have to suffice. By the way I do my printing business in China because they have very reasonable price. Check the work they do for me at vistagraphs.net. I UAE China because Epson also *** me offf as they sell ink in US for ten times what they sell it to China, but that is a different post.
ID
#196059 Review #196059 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sacramento, California

Pay Pal rip off! No support No help and no address!

I sold a watch on Ebay and used Paypal as a payment company! The consumer said the watch was fake, yet offered $1000 for it. LOL Pay pal has reviewed this for more than 90days now. I filed a complaint with Ebay, they found in my favor! Paypal has my personal funds locked up. Now I've given them an appraisal from before the watch was listed for a private individual, so it is real. Also... he stopped payment but KEPT THE ITEM! Paypal will do nothing to recover the item! No help! PAL PAL ***!They now try to collect from me, yet I simply want to file suit against them, they will not provide an address to do so!

Actually, all you have to do is ask for the correspondence address...

Thanks for the warning. I have always been a afraid to use anything that accepts Pay Pal.

Now I won't use them EVER.

I know you are stressed out about this. I hope you are able to get this resolved somehow.

View more comments (1)
ID
#193421 Review #193421 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Indianapolis, Indiana

Cancelled my debit card

I used this company several months earlier and use PayPal to pay for this, this same company charge me again for something I had already paid for, I notified PayPal and they cancelled my debit card, refused to issue a new card unless I change the address with my bank, I am disable and the only money I had at the time was in my PayPal account, I was left with no means to get money and PayPal did not care, this was all over the fact I wanted 18.00 returned to me, they are as much theives as the company who stole from me.
ID
#193412 Review #193412 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Rogersville, Tennessee

Pay pal no help at all

Pay pal does not live up to ads not much help if you don't recieve item worse if wrong item is recieved. Sellers learn quickly as long as something is sent with delivery confirmation pay pay will not do anything.. They seem to do better with e-bay sellers but since they also process non e - bay they should be able to do more. Since they hold financial power over sellers no reason they can not put pressure on sellers that don't deliver. Even after talking to them see no change in the way they help or operate .
ID
#193273 Review #193273 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Francisco, California
Loss

Paypal scam and fraudualent practices

Stop using PayPal(owned by eBay)! Paypal scams your money from your account and then puts you through exhaustive efforts to get refunded. In todays technological society it does not take 10 days to repost a credit of a tranaction that was cancelled within 10 minutes of a payment. As with any business a hold is placed on your account for the funds, the hold usually releases within 3 days if the transaction is not completed or cancelled. With paypal they take your money then make you wait 10 more days to get your money back. Also note their customer service is in the Phillipines. New methods for payment are available such as money bookers US based. Buyers and sellers beware!! Be an informed consumer stop using them and force them out of business.
ID
#193059 Review #193059 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lanham, Maryland