Show reviews that mention
account money number service phone customer card customer service email bank
Filter review

Paypal hiring employees from other countries

Paypal used another bank acct I had to sent my money to pay someone $798.55. they used the wrong bank which had no money and incurred fees from that bank. They then put my paypal acct into minus!!! This was on a Sunday and the person I was talking to was from the Phillipines. He treated me as though it was all my fault and that they could do nothing about it. I needed to use my Paypal acct and couldn't because of my minus acct. I asked for a supervisor and it was like I was talking to the same person. I felt helpless. Today I spoke to someone from Arizona. She fixed it.

EyeTweaks would like to know how it feels to be the most hated company in the world eBay and Paypal. Stealing money from your visitors will only work so long till you have no more visitors. EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE CORRUPT EMAIL ME ILL SHARE MY STORY HOW THEY STOLE MY MONEY, MY ITEM AND DUMPED MY ACCOUNT.

San Jose, California

Paypal & Ebay

SHipped an item to a customer, overseas to French Islands, via USPS Priority mail insured (biggest joke) Item tracking stock in a limbo in a sort facility in Jersey out of all the places, customer files dispute has not received the item (which is legitimate), I open up an investigation with USPS international (sounds great), and told it will take up to sixty days to complete so called investigation, however Paypal being the friendly buyer advocate, does not wait even 10 calendar days and on my behalf refunds the money to the customer, not only the purchase price but the shipping as well...... Hmmm, I call, steaming, and I am told that unless tracking shows the item is delivered, there is nothing they can do only rule to buyer's favor, I ask but how come you have refunded shipping fee? Well they say in case the customer does receive the item, I the seller can file an appeal, and they will ask the customer who by now will be in possession of the item, and the money to kindly return the money, wow, I ask and if the said customer is no longer a customer of EBAY or Paypal, what then? Well sorry pal, they said, what can we do, it is your responsibility to collect then......... AM I PISSED?
Miami Beach, Florida

Ebay

I sell very small amount on Ebay. Like $100 month. Their holding $26 which is crazy. I am not sending out the items until they release my $$. I am not doing anything illegal...I think Ebay and Paypal are punishing everyone for the ones who are doing illegal tranactions. I will be closing my paypal account. Does anyone know of another way people can pay you and you can pay them other than paypal thur ebay. I believer Ebay will lose customers due to the paypal of holding peoples money. I use to have people send me their checks and hold for 10 days which is better than 21 day that paypal hold.

You can still make transactions thru Paypal you just have to wait a for extra seconds for the screen shots to change. EBAY AND PAYPAL WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND YOUR ITEMS EMAIL ME ILL SHARE MY STORY HOW THEY STOLE MY MONEY MY ITEM AND SHUT DOWN MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE THREE PEOPLE IN one year stated i shipped to slow for them, what about the other 1700? Dumb@***s

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Selling

I sold a train set today 1/30/12 on ebay. I received funds at paypal but pending not available until Feb 18. My bank was already verified from several transactions through paypal in the past two years. Yet for some unknown reason I'm getting message that my bank account has not been verified. Anyways way to long to wait, I'm almost broke. Paypal also charges fees that they do not post at all on there website beforehand that I could see. I will be calling ebay to see if there is a different way to handle funds.

China do not sell *** in China. They do make some *** that is sold only to overseas countries.I have just returned from China and the quality there is amongst the best in the world at a third of the price.All the world's top brands are sold there.Truly the best country that I have ever been to. I have been round the world twice but nothing matches China.At l least they don't have the disgusting prices one is expected to pay for a Broadway show.

They are doing this so they can collect the interest off the millions in illegal holdings they have captured they're stealing our money america its a effort by the communist company ebay / paypal to keep the american economy down while china sell us their ***.

View more comments (1)
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Paypal is directing my payments to BillMeLater without my authorization.

I recently made a purchase using Paypal (not thru ebay). When I got to the payment window, there was a pre-checked box that said "pay using BillMeLater". I did not want to use the service so I unchecked the box. When I clicked to make the payment, a confirmation window popped up that read, "your payment has been processed using BillMeLater". I was so pissed off I immediately called BillMeLater to cancel my account. I know what their game is; they are hoping I won't make my payment in time so they can charge me 20% interest on my purchase. The fact that they ignored the unchecked box and routed the purchase thru BillMeLater really infuriated me. The rep I spoke with kept trying to prevent me from canceling the account and I had to ask him three times before finally, with anger in my voice, I said "Look, I asked you to close the account, I don't want this service anymore. Thank you". Just a little aside here: Paypal is owned by ebay. Every time you make a purchase on ebay, they make a commission on the sale. By owning Paypal, they also make money by charging the seller to receive their payment (that's two revenue streams from a single sale now). By setting up this BillMeLater scam, ebay/Paypal has now figured out how to get money from both seller and buyer"”pretty slick, eh? This folks, is precisely the kind of greed that the OWS people are screaming about. If it's all on the up and up that's one thing but these weasels are trying to get you to use their "service" whether you want to or not. Corporate slime.

I have been using BillMeLater to pick up a few things my family needs now but I don't have all the money to pay for now. I'm making $50 to $100 a month payments depending on how much I have spent and am planning on having everything paid off completely within 90 days so I don't get charged interest.

I have a $600 USD credit line and I only have $190 USD balance.

I tried earlier to make a purchase on Wal-Mart.com and not only was I declined from BillMeLater but on the second attempt I was locked out of my account and told to contact customer service at a 888 number. As of right now I'm not too happy about this.

@Urmom "It might be two revenue streams, but they are providing 2 unique services that are useful to millions of people. While you only complain."

Yeah, it's two unique services, but it's called a monopoly when one service forces you to use the other. Microsoft when through that and LOST when it forced you to use Internet Explorer. Now at least, you can uninstall it.

Ebay won't let you accept check, cash, or other payment options. You MUST use PayPal.

Yes BillMeLater is owned by ebay, same as Paypal is. That alone should alert you to the fact that it's a shady outfit. One which should be avoided.

You can file complaints to the FTC complaint assist dot gov website. Just search that term. You can also file complaints to your state's consumer protection bureau.

BTW just ignore the naysayers. Ebay and paypal have paid people to run around the internet and insult unhappy clients who chose to voice their complaints. Everyone knows that too.

View more comments (4)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Pissed by BillMeLater

At one time, I thought to set up BillMeLater but changed my mind in middle of account setup so I never finish it nor register it. Because of this, I could not even access my account. However, BillMeLater became the default selection in Paypal since. I always switch it to my credit account but a few times it were switched back at the last step. It was happened once in September for a $7 purchase without my awareness. After 3 months, I received a bill, which is the only bill I received from BillMeLater. This bill even did not show the original purchase, all accumulated late fees of total $21.65. When I called customer service, I was told that if I don't pay, the amouunt will keep accumulating - this is a rip-off. So I had to pay for it before closing the account. By searching the Internet, I found so many complaints about BillMeLater. I wish I read these complaints much earlier.
Northridge, California

PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - ***

My son opened an account with Paypal in July this year and then used it to buy goods from Loco-X, Inc on 15 July. I believe this company is in liquidation as last month he received an email from a third party that they were auctioning Loco-X, Inc goods online. My husband and I went to the US and Canada on 5 July before our son opened his PayPal account. We returned mid September and the goods had not been delivered. I got my son to send an email to Loco-X, Inc on 26 September through PayPal. He did not receive any reply from the Company. On 24 October he opened a complaint with PayPal. They closed this case that same day as it did not meet filing guidelines. PayPal did not have the courtesy to let my son know of this decision. He waited another month thinking they were in contact with the seller and then went to his Paypal account to see that the dispute was closed the day that he lodged it. I fully accept that my son was late in filing his claim and that PayPal was within their rights to close the dispute. However, I AM PISSED THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE COURTESY TO SEND AN EMAIL TO HIM ADVISING HIM OF THIS. Any new member of PayPal can be overwhelmed by the amount of conditions they have to wade through. These new members are the ones that generally need the protection the most. I wrote to PayPal 11 days ago through my son's account. I gave them my own name and email address. Neither my son or myself have had any reply to this. I guess they are too busy making money to reply to customers. I handled a dispute last month on behalf of my husband. I did not have any faith in PayPal so I blocked payment. I have resolved it in our favour. I just wish that I had been home in early August so that I could have helped my son with his dispute. PayPal, you will never see me as a customer if this is how you treat them.

A review of top PayPal executives shows a group of rather young individuals. It may be excessive to expect of them ordinary norms of decency and courtesy.

After all, they make much more money than thee and me.

Still, the wheels of justice still work, however slowly, and it is doubtful that PayPal in its present rude and discourteous form will be around fifty years from now. Time tends to wound all heels.

Chatswood, New South Wales

No Way Pal!

I've been a Paypal user for over 8 years. I've used Paypal for online transfers in the case of product sales, website fees, payments of all sorts and I've actively promoted Paypal during all that time. Recently Paypal began withholding money. I recently experienced an accident which cost me a leg, severe brain damage and well over a million dollars, at this same time Paypal has begun keeping the money my customers are trying to transfer to me. This has made me unable to ship items, since the shipping costs are included in the sale. I tried to talk with customer "service" but they were condescending and entirely unhelpful. Interestingly, since I've had to refund monies to customers, Paypal has had no problem with these refunds. The monies the customers wanted transferred to me, could, apparently, be transferred back to the customer with no problem. This has effectively put me out of business at a time during which finances are dramatically important to me. Thanks Paypal!

I've filed complaints against Paypal with numerous agencies, and Paypal has given the same response to all.. He signed an agreement...

Hopefully there's not a rape your wife clause in that agreement...

Apparently I agreed to be screwed, have my money used by others, and this agreement makes it alright.. I don't know.

Sorry. Had I not mentioned gettin' my leg tore off, my brain scrambled and my need for money, would my problem with Paypal merit more serious consideration?

I just love how everyone plays the disibility card when things don't go their way.

View more comments (2)
Bountiful, Utah

*** paypal

charged me twice in a single transaction bank says they hold money but haven't given my money back trying to blame it on seller but paypal hold my money tryed solving it been more than a week can't report them on ebay or paypal but i have proof they took it oout of my bank account twice when i only owed them for one item once ........blame it on the holidays ok they got my money but havent refund it yeah the holidays ma asss i need my refund for overcharged on item won now im mad !!! ughhhh
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Paypal is now holding your cash for no reason

Ebay/Paypal is now up to scamming sellers to keep them from obtaining power level to save them money. I have been selling on ebay for 10 years with feedback of 99.7, and no open cases. Recently ebay sent me a notice stating that 2 buyers tried to file a complaint of item not received. Due to a technical issue, you may have received an email from eBay Buyer Protection on November 22, 2011. The purpose of the email was to inform you that one or more buyers tried to open a case against you (though it was too soon to do so). However, case alerts identified in the email may have been sent to you in error; these would be resends of past cases. Please check the Case Attempt Dates in the email carefully, and work to resolve any recent issues that are still outstanding. With apologies for the inconvenience, Of course, I was close to power level discount when this happened, problem is the transaction was over a year ago. Now, in one day I am no longer a power seller, and paypal/ebay are holding my funds. Screams SCAM! Beware, ebay is now up to rippin off America now too! Guess they had to join the game! Must have felt left out!

@lovely2cu...no input and garbage buyers like you are the reason for ebays demise, ***

As a seller, I am very upset that my money is being held for 21 days. I pay for shipping upfront because I don't want to use ebay shipping services and meanwhile the purchaser receives and is able to use the item(s) before I am even able to touch my money.

It is not the purchasers fault either because they have already paid. It is PayPal that is the problem by tieing up the money.

eBay changed the rules, The salers can say you have 7 Days 2 pay, But eBay only gives you the buyer 6 days 2 Pay.

I found out the hard way, I thout I had 7 days 2 pay from the saler, but I got an unpaid buyer strike. Then I received the email about the buyer has filed an unpaid buyer strike. I was just 3 days away from day 7 but I just paid any way.

You can't fight eBay & PayPal, they are just 2 big. :sigh

That email you got was probably the result of a *** job against ebay. One that they covered up. To find out, check your messages in your "my ebay".

I think you'll find that there's nothing there. Any messages not in 'my ebay' are scams. Thus it was a *** job. Why, I bet the letters even contained your real name, didn't they? How do you feel about that? Safe? LoL Check around. Everyone knows it was hacked. The emails originated in Austria, not San Jose.

Now about those unlawful money holds, contact your state's agency which issues Paypal's money transmitter license. Look up the terms and see what the time limit and conditions are. If they aren't following everything to the letter of the law file formal complaint.

You can find the list of state agencies on paypal's own website by going to the site map there and searching (ctrl+F) state license, or just do a google search or google site search.

I guarantee you'll get positive results, quickly.

There are also 2 lawsuits going against paypal. One for illegally holding funds and another for getting bank overdraft fees when they jack your bank account and you get overdraft fees because your funds are being held.

Spread the word. Paypal is breaking the law but if you complain to the right place you'll get your money back!

you agreed to all of this in writing, sorry, you lose and your complaint is dumb

I got in touch with Pay-pal over the dispute I am having with Fileserve.com (See complaints)because I paid for the Fileserve's premium service through Pay-pal but I was informed that they just get involved with disputes within 45 days of buying something. Pay-pal should handle services then.

As mine was for a years' service and they stopped it half way through.

It would be the same as if I paid for a years subscription to a magazine and not receive half the issues. Any cases such as these you will not get help from Pay-pal!

I recently stopped buying from sellers on eBay because they suddenly forgot how to package items properly. After taking my money they just sent antique breakables in used, dirty boxes with too little packing, even after over-charging me on shipping.

I've had to file three cases with PayPal to get my money back, but I lost money having to return the broken items to the sellers. Since I lost money on return shipping and had nothing to show for it I figured I'd just buy locally when I'm in the mood to go antique hunting and I'll never buy anything like that online again. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not really concerned about your troubles with PayPal holding your funds.

Maybe if you had treated your buyers better you wouldn't be in this situation. I bet you have all 4.8's on your DSRs, don't you?

View more comments (6)
Columbus, Ohio
Loss

Paypal played no part in helping me solve my case even though they have proof

I am a seller and using paypal to receive money. I encounter with a problem with a customer that purchase three items and open a case stating that one of the item is not what they want. They pay $8.00 for the item and they open a case for an amount that is double and more …go figure if they can count. So paypal required for them to send back all of the items purchase and not just the one they had the issue with; you think the buyer can read also…go figure!!! The buyer only returns the one item they did not want. Paypal closed the case since they had tracking to confirm they I received the item. The big problem was the buyer did not return all my items I guess they could not read so I open up back the case. This issue was going on for weeks. I was told by paypal representatives that I will get back my money if the buyer don't return all my items and that I need to submit a affidavit of support I submit it twice and they still denied my case stating that I can't open a case like they buyer… go figure this statement out. Then why would they request an affidavit of support? Oh they just want to waste my time and see seller lose their money and make them stressful. Trying to Solve this issue was stressful and paypal played no part in trying to help me even get back any money. They request proof but did nothing with it. I made a loss using Paypal!!!!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Paypal and her jezebell stepsister, eBay

eBay used to be sooooo easy to use. Fair. Simple. Straightforward. Whoever has presided over the current structure of the site, policies, customer service, etc. has really messed up. Here's my experience so far, a real nightmare. SETUP IS A HASSLE. I had three email accounts connected to four eBay account, three half.com accounts, two paypal accounts and on and on and on. It took forever to get everything to work; everyone and everything requires verification and yada yada yada. Get a credit card on file, a bank account, wait for deposits to show....I actually tried a few times over the past 3 years and gave up each time...until now. Somehow I found the patience to do it. How unfortunate for me. PAYPAL IS AWFUL. I go through all of this hassle connecting my eBay and Paypal account and printing labels and such so that shipping, payment and tracking is seamless. BUT, it's not. Orders are marked unshipped when they were shipped through shipping labels paid for via Paypal. Oh and even better, the funds are not yet accessible. Even though I have been verified, the buyer has been verified, blah blah blah. I ordered an item on 10/13/11 and it was supposed to be shipped the next day from India so that I can wear it to my brother's engagement party since shipping will take WEEKS. Paypal made an executive decision and put a temporary hold on my account, just for kicks and giggles. Both the seller and I responded to requests for information within 24 hours. Now, I don't have the outfit, the seller is waiting on me (thank God she's not as money hungry as Paypal, she's selling me her last item and holding it). I have verified everything from my e-mail address to my dog's ***. Although I appreciate "security," a temporary hold is NOT temporary when it's over 24 hours in the age of lightening speed information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paypal strives to be a bank? Well, bank customer service is open 24/7 and aside from a terrible menu, I couldn't get a hold of an agent at all. How do they stay in business?!?!??!?! OH wait, I know; they charge my credit card within 2.2 seconds and then keep the money for 5 days. Nice. On another occasion, so I sold an item via eBay; boxed, shipped and tracked it via eBay/Paypal. Guess what I see next to my payment status: Estimated funds availability* While you establish a successful sales history on eBay, in most cases, funds from eBay sales are available in 21 days - or sooner, based on how you ship the order. To help get your funds faster, ship quickly and provide great customer service. If your buyer reports a problem, it may take longer to get your funds. Learn more Here are some things you can do to help get access to your funds sooner: Actions you can take Estimated funds availability* Print eBay or PayPal labels so your tracking information uploads automatically 3 calendar days after we can confirm delivery Manually enter your tracking information on eBay or your PayPal Transaction Details page if you ship domestically directly through USPS, UPS, or FedEx. 3 calendar days after we can confirm delivery Mark your items as shipped on eBay 7 calendar days after the latest estimated delivery date Fulfill the order, but don't provide us any shipping information 21 calendar days POLICIES ARE ABSOLUTELY DRACONIAN. I seem to be violating a *** eBay policy on a daily basis for every item I post. There are so many useless and meritless policies, I have never seen so much time wasted for no good reason. When I finally could list items, which is a headache already; guess what tho, as a new seller, you can't list more than X number of items for God knows how long. This is really draconian for new sellers to have to pay for the missteps of previous eBay sellers by not being able to sell anything for weeks and weeks - for no other reason than eBay created a crumby policy. eBay is deliberately killing their network effects by limiting new people to list!!!! Instead of punishing new sellers, do something innovative. How about a better way of maintaining security or ensuring customer service? Now THAT is novel. It's funny how every email contains a policy; "Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More." As an avid student of customer behavior, it seems to me that eBay has driven many many people to do transactions outside of their realm of customer draconian-ism. Hence the policies, bureaucracy, the b.s., etc. And since Policies are a reaction to previous incidents, precedents, etc., eBay/Paypal policies tell me that they have always had major problems in every element of their business. SITE ITSELF IS TERRIBLE. Navigation and website usage is horrible. I have never had such a hard time using a website in my life. And I consider myself quite tech/internet/ecommerce savvy. The site is busy, overwhelming and just plain ineffective. When you have to implement an eBay University for users to just use your service, THERE'S A PROBLEM. WHAT HAPPENED TO FEEDBACK? Why isn't there a link, reminder, email, notification, SOMETHING that tells me that I have feedback on the site? I didn't even know I was getting feedback!!!!! This is one of the most critical functions of the site because people want to buy from someone they trust. It's obviously been downgraded in priority because its NOT a default setting unless one figures they should maybe look for their feedback ratings! Paypal is worthless. Did I mention the 7 day hold they put on my account? Even after the seller and I responded to their garbage? Even AFTER THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD and took my MONEY right away. *** you both. FEES. Finally, let's look at the bottom line, eBay's fees are sick. Instead of incentivizing people to sell sell sell, it incentivizes sellers to find loopholes to make money just to pay the fees until they get frustrated enough to leave. -Insertion Fee - why? -Picture Fee - I repeat, why? -Buy it now Fee - why? -Reserve Fee - why? -Final Value Fee - I understand this, they have to make money. -Final Value on Shipping Fee - Are you serious???? Finally, my money went into Paypal (at least some of it did). But I'm paying Paypal now for receiving my money? I THOUGHT EBAY BOUGHT PAYPAL?!?!?!?!?!?! I really hope these evil stepsisters get what they deserve.
Bellevue, Washington
Paypal facilitates counterfiet sellers and allow rip offs from such sellers
As Paypal user, I had paid using Paypal to pay internet purchases as Paypal advertises it as a safest way to pay and buy which is untrue. I had bought from september to date, from eBay three times. One sent me a fake tuxedo shirt he had advertised as men's size...

I HAVE BEEN WITH EBAY AS A BUYER ONLY FOR WELL OVER 10 YEARS AND LOVE PAYPAL I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH PAYPAL IN FACT THEY HAVE ALWAYS HELP ME TO GET MY MONEY BACK IN A TIMELY MANNER AND IF THE SELLER WANTED THEIR ITEM BACK THEY PAID RETURN SHIPPING... YOUR COMPLAINT SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

View more comments
Tokyo, Tokyo

PayPal 21-Day Hold Scam

PayPal is now doing 21-day hold on your money so you cannot even have access your eBay funds to even ship your eBay products to the customer. It is a total joke. I remember before eBay stole PayPal they were paying 5% on your money and I would routinely leave my money in my PayPal account to draw that exrta interest. When eBay took over they immediately change the rate to under 1% and now they don't even pay you a dime. I hate PayPal now and would never use them except they are in bed with eBay the monopolistic *** continues. F-eBay and F-PayPal

People they are playing with our money. It wouldnt suprise me if those funds are being released according to the market maybe?

Hmmmm..seriously. Even as a Powerseller i have to call them EVERYDAY almost it seems to get funds released.

Its absolutely ridiculous. Anyone in california wanna file a class action suit?

i dont even sell i just buy goods with premier account and they gave me the *** hold the reason i made a premier account was to buy and sell becouse soon i was going to post sum items on ebay i am pissed i was going to buy christmas gifts with the money i would make from selling goods :(

PayPal claims that by providing tracking numbers, proof of delivery and receiving positive feedback they will release the money before the 21 days. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

I did all of this and STILL had to wait 21 god dam days. What a bunch of BS :(

I have filed a complaint against PayPal with the Federal Trade Commission and the State of Florida Office of the Controller. Their 21 day delay in releasing funds borders on criminal, in my opinion.

21 days? Wait until they take your money for 6 MONTHS and you get stuck having to HONOR and pay for orders out of your own pocket because they froze your funds.

THEY ARE SCAMMERS. STAY AWAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

I'm a ebay seller that sold more than 70+ items online with a 100% feedback on every purchase and I still can't believe THESE DOUCHE-BAGS! still delay my payments 21days all the freaking time. I'm tired of their unnecessary *** restrictions on great ebay sellers that can definitely use that funds right away for any other expenses.:(

As a seller, I am very upset that my money is being held for 21 days. I pay for shipping upfront because I don't want to use ebay shipping services (plus packaging supplies)while the purchaser receives and is able to use the item(s) before I am even able to touch my money.

@PissedConsumer400170

https://www.youtube.com/watch? Look for the "Green Snakes" GE Capital Retail Pay Pal.

They even had the nerve to use the United States Post Office to defraud consumers! This goes to show you just how GREEDY & EVIL they really are. The review listed below have actual documents for people to look at.

Please go to these pisssedconsumer reviews:All of these reviews posted have actual documents that have been uploaded to show people just how EVIL they truly are #520251 #488834 #483913 #483025 #481983 #483913 #479336 & #478478 #522235 #489486 #572301

This bank handles CREDIT cards for hundreds of stores & the stores are just as guilty as the "EVIL CORPORATIONS" they use to manage there credit cards.

If you have a credit card with a store that uses this bank you need to look & see if you have been charged illegally. These are some of the companies that pay these "CROOKS" Lowes, Wal-Mart, Sears you can find out more by going to the Rip-Off Report with the "Rebuttal" from an employee, Number 114**** this gives a list of some of the stores that have this bank for credit cards. There is also a clip on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch? or just look for the "Green Snakes" there are three of them

You can file a complaint with The Department of Justice, The Department of Financial Institutions or as I like to say The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau (The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) The Comp Controller of Currency & The Federal Trade Commission, What ever you do DO NOT file with the BBB they are paid good money to keep those "A's" for the companies that pay them.

Did you know that Pay Pal, GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank which all start with the letter "G" the new name is Synchrony Bank now are trying to get "Class Action Lawsuits” BANNED!

Contact your state agency which issues Paypal's money transmitter license. Look up the terms and see what the time limit and conditions are. If they aren't following everything to the letter of the law file formal complaint.

I guarantee you'll get positive results, quickly.

Ha! esad paypal!

:( Oh I just sold over $200 worth of items on eBay in one day. I use it occasionally if I wanna sell a game here or there, and about a month or two ago, I got a notified that eBay payments will now be placed on hold by Pay Pal until either the items have been proven to be shipped or from a positive feedback, or they will hold your payments for 21 days.

Fine, I don't care, except I don't have the actual money to ship out the items, however when I went through the Payment Hold FAQ's here is what I found:

Can held funds be used to pay for shipping?

"If you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of shipping will be released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on eBay and PayPal is free. You're charged only the cost of shipping."

Awesome, right? NOPE! They started taking the shipping itself out of my personal checking account, because there is a $0 balance on my Pay Pal account. DUH! You're holding the payment! I spent half the day on the phone with two representatives, the first one, who just kept informing me the same thing when I kept telling her it states on the Pay Pal site itself, and there was nothing on them charging my bank account if there was no balance on Pay Pal account. The second one released a hold one one of the payments so I can transfer to my checking account before more charges started coming which would overdraw my account. The second rep said that Pay Pal is making changes to "reword" the FAQ's regarding Held Payment. Whatever, I don't care what they do in the future, but just take care their mess up NOW. After what seemed like forever, I saw that they released the hold on one of the payments. Honestly, Pay Pal has become a pain in the *** lately. I've been with them for over a decade, and they basically have this only for "newbies". Protect the buyer, protect sellers too.

View more comments (12)
Portland, Oregon

Do not get a Paypal/GE Money Credit Card

Friends, I reccomend that you do not get a Paypal/GE Money Credit Card. The reason is simple. If you have a personal AND Business PayPal account, you will be unable to use the checking account associated with the personal account to pay the business card and Vice Versa!! Secondly, the customer servcie is horrible at GE Money Bank!! Third, NEVER attempt to use a savings account to pay a payment at PayPal or GE Money. The savings account was shown as a payment method, and I used it because that is where my money was... Bad mistake because PayPal charged me two $35 bounced check fees and my bank did too EVEN though there was plenty of money in the account to cover it!!!

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your PayPal account. We'd like to help. Please email me at creditcardhelp@***.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,