Paypal refuses to pay for an order I've placed internationally
To begin with, I have to say that our situation is probably more complicated then most, as spread over 1 year, we more or less live in 3 countries.Originally the paypal account was opened in France to purchase an item for a friend, we spend some time in the U.S, and winters are spent in the Caribbean.
We tried to purchase a couple of items from a company in the United States, the value about $700. As many U.S. companies will not accept credit cards issued in Europe, we remembered our old paypal account, and charged the items to it. An initial confirmation of the order was e-mailed to us, as well as the debit note from paypal.
The amount was immediately charged to our credit card! The very next day, the order was cancelled. A phone call to the supplier (very Helpful) revealed that the order had been cancelled by paypal. After an endless search, we finally found paypal's phone number on their website, not the easiest thing to do.
The phone service was located in Ireland, but the account having been opened in France, the only available language was French! Not a major problem, as my French is quite fluent, still a choice wouldn't do any harm! As we tried to confirm that it was indeed us that had placed the order, they put more and more obstacles in our way. First there was a supposedly " code" charge 0f $3 on our credit card, with that we would "identify" ourselves.
several days later, code submitted, our paypal account was still frozen. Another call to Ireland revealed, they now requested the upload of a photo I.D.! Begrudgingly we did that as well, only it never changed a thin, although we had 2 e-mails from paypal, confirming full access to the account had been restored. Next phone call told us a paypal account could not be used internationally!!!
and would therefore stay frozen. Furthermore the $3 "code charge" could not be refunded unless we supplied them with our personal bank account number (not very likely). next we cancelled the order with the supplier, and were informed that they would like to refund the money, but were unable due to our blocked paypal account.
We are still waiting for our refund, and probably will have to dispute the issue on the credit card end, since there is no way we will phone paypal again!!!In the future if the only payment method is paypal, we will find another supplier.review #298205
You may also like
- "With so many homeowners losing their homes to foreclosure policy makers and wall street bankers all point fingers at homeowners for causing the problem by purchasing homes they could not..."
- "The following is a brief breakdown of publicly available information regarding Seth Grano CFPÂ®, his securities sales practices, and his FINRA regulatory history.Seth Erik Grano is a FINRA Registered Representative..."
- "Linda B. Wilson 1099 oid tax fraud -A federal grand jury has indicted 55 people in relation to a huge tax fraud scheme involving hundreds of false income tax returns..."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "In 2014, I needed to order a custom art deco rug, size 20 x 12 feet. My interior designer Paul, suggested Manolo Cuellar of Couture Rugs (www.couturerugs.com) in Manhattan...."
- "Here is the direct email correspondence with Kathy Blajerski-Barber: "Hello, Recently, I ordered a roll of 4x50 Prodex Insulation,order # V29431 and took advantage of your Buy One Get One free..."
- "I bought a 2015 hideout in December had nothing but problems haven't used camper yet has a cracked tub they put a new one in and ripped the walls and..."
- "Purchased dinning table Feb 2015, after two month found on the back of the chairs and table the warning "This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to..."